Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
OH I BEEN AROUND JUST HAVENT HAD MUCH TO CONTRIBUTE :) GOT MEH EYES ON YA :).... gd capslock !

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Congrats KFC! A new deck-hand in the family! Grandkids are a real blessing!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thaks Mike and Mick,
So I was dinking bout throwing a pc. of glass down under the new tank support. At the end of days I'm going to reglass the entire hull bottom and fill the strakes prior with pb.
For giggles and ha ha's I went and looked under the boat just cause. So in that area there were @9 spots of 5200 blobs. The holes ened up being what have been my new laid glass.
Scraped off and said may as well do it right now and not be sorry later. Drilled out all 9 holes and prepped for filling with pb. The odd1" hole thru hull had a ton of silicone around it. The nut po had drilled right into the convex of the hull center. I don't know what he had there but the amount of silicone sure does indicate to me it was a problem area. Pics later. Dinner ready.
Thanks guys.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congratulations to your family on the new deck hand !!!!
I'm not a grandpa yet but maybe one day ... My daughters kids all have 4 legs and just eat and poop ...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
OH YEAH, them GrandBabies are AWESOME!!!!!:peace:
If IDA known how much fun they are, IDA had them FIRST!!!!

Congrats my friend!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well got back into it. The slip I had a couple aweeks ago in the boat ended up with me having a swollen knee and then Mr. Dr. for cortizone shots. Feeling mucho better.
Over grinded the 9 holes, acetoned and then acetoned underside of hull. Placed some Gorrilla tape over holes that I had laying around. Vacuumed then acetone bath for the inside of the hull.
Filled in the strakes and did the philli-lay on the installed stringer. Turned on some heat lamps though the temps are good here just to remove any possible moisture.

9 holes pic;

Strakes getting filled with PB;

Also used the pb to fill any odd hull cavities. Going to let set up the sand area then glass entire area. After that begin to install gas tank base and complete other stringers/bulheads.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Glad your doing better after the mishap ! Hurting knees are no fun at all ...

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I concur! Gots to get this piggy done before my Drop Dead Date. :eek: Thanks all.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey Mike...You know when I get there you will be staying at my place a couple of weeks!
So whent back in and sanded off the rough work. Getting it ready to glass up the hull. Little progress report.
I'm calling it like a Chinese Proverb; "The Nine Holes" Yes Master...show me the way....

Sanding anf then more.
Prior;

During;

Afta; Da 9 holes

Going to clean it up then glass the piggy. The get ready to set new fuel tank deck.
Ki yi yippi yi yea!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Lots of work but...You're in the home stretch now. Sure wish I was closer to join in on all the fun!!!:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Good progress Kc !!
Keep it going and you'll be fishing again before ya know it !!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Cleaned up the dust and acetoned the entire hull a couple of times. Laid out the glass to let it settle.;

Made up my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEpoxy mix and went to town.

Work went well considering the area I covered.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Great progress Kevin! You're really getting at 'er now! That's a big piece of glass you laid down, looks great!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi Mike Good to hear form you. And where are your pics of all finished interior and running all the pirates seas? Been awhile...I may have forgotten the finished details but always enjoyed your work too.
So glass dried up well, no puddling into the v of the hull so I must of guessed the right amt. for that area of glass.
Threw in the tank platform for fit and looks just fine. Thats the next part of the equation. Gonna pb in da piggy.

Uderside is already glassed. Going to PB the platform in then glass. 1700.

dried glass;

Moving along

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
awesome job! good lord that was a ton of holes , lol great to see progress happening!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Gots aleetle d one. Placed a 2x4 to support the tank platform. Glassed it 2x. Then for giggles capped off front and back with pb w/added glass. I figured that if water gonna flow thats where it will be going. Used some silicone to keep platform directly off hull.
made a batch of more pb and used a pc. of wood as a guide to put the pb in place. Set base and worked the pb till I was happy.
Happy Mothers day to all you guys and girls.
Phot bucket is acting up so I put the pics in this way.
20170508_182649_resized_1.jpg 20170508_182649_resized_1.jpg

20170506_165426_resized_2.jpg 20170506_165426_resized_2.jpg

20170514_073325_resized.jpg 20170514_073325_resized.jpg 20170511_122002_resized.jpg 20170514_075459_resized.jpg 20170514_075459_resized.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So I got a little done today. Fitted out the tank walls, perfect day.

Got them trimmed and fitted. Filled all voids and oddities. Wet out and w/temps today was able to get lassed on 1 side;

Wetted out out;