Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
actually that Ryobi is well thought out don't have the trigger a half inch from the blade rofl

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
I bought this kobalt which has a paddle style trigger. It makes it much easier to hold. Have not cut into or through any body parts ..... yet lol. So far it has held up to most of the grinding I had to do on the inside of my hull.

6930748907191_04411067.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah I like paddle ones best as long as paddle goes far back from the blade lol

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks kcassells. I've been lurking all along just don't always have much knowledge to offer so I just watch and learn.

Keep up the good work!

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Mick's makin a lot of askeerdy cat grinder statements... (my right index finger wishes i had thicker gloves on that day tho)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks kcassells. I've been lurking all along just don't always have much knowledge to offer so I just watch and learn.

Keep up the good work!

me too! :D Tx!

"Mick's makin a lot of askeerdy cat grinder statements... (my right index finger wishes i had thicker gloves on that day tho)"
GSX,
Oh "9 Finger Louie" comments don't bodder me. Pass me da gravy.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well plodding along....So she kicks off for a few secondos but I'm finding alot of little shorts. That's to be expected with this ole gal. Found some wiring that inside the cover was basically DUST. So going dark for awhile to trace out, replace, test, seek and destroy all those little do hickies.
Keep on motoring Boyzz.
KC

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
good luck man:) I rewired everything myself figuring the age and the time had not been friendly and being on the water and trying to chase down shorts or broken connections suck :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
good luck man:) I rewired everything myself figuring the age and the time had not been friendly and being on the water and trying to chase down shorts or broken connections suck :)

Mick,
Did color code match the wires, get a new/used harness if you had one ?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
color coded napa sells most colors there is also a place to get tinned wire on line as well use connectors that heat shrink and you will be good to go nolox all connectors just for added anti corrosion.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
color coded napa sells most colors there is also a place to get tinned wire on line as well use connectors that heat shrink and you will be good to go nolox all connectors just for added anti corrosion.

All great info, thanks Mick.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Took the vro fuel/oil pump apart and was considering a rebuild and deleting the oil side of the existing pump. So the rebuild kit costs @$155.00. A new non vro fuel pump costs $179.00. No brainer...supposed to be here tues. Can keep the motor running pumping the fuel bulb and it sounds so nice!!
s-l1600.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey Minch,
How have you been? Good to hear from you. I was wondering how you made out on your trolling motor. Size, remote steering etc.
Thanks for the link. Be doing that real soon. Get the motor up to speed and winterise.
I'm going to retarp the boat for ease of acces. Next do some glassing this winter. I gotsta get this little piggy in the water and FISH!
KFC :)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Its been good kc I did buy the merc 9.9 but haven't done anything with it
Glad to hear your getting motor wraped up you'll be on the water in know time

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well the season is back upon us...work, home, family/friends,
I just wanted to extend to all the great guys/gals here a super safe Happy Thanks Giving!

animals-turkey-thanksgiving-pilgrims-running_away-the_mayflower-dre1435_low.jpg

4a5f30d02c42a0c44d26fbac626e1d2a.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Moderator,
Can you add this link to my signature. I'm not having any luck. It's under Johnson outboard repairs.1986 vro looper 225 hp replace vro with new fuel pump