Back in the Starmada

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I used to have an old 60's 14ft Starcraft shallow V-hull. But I sold it shortly after getting it. It didn't have a flat spot bigger than your hand. It looked hand made with a hammer. haha Just plain UGLY!

Anyway, I just picked up my new toy! I drove 10 hours round trip to New Orleans to get her. And yes we stopped in N.O. to eat! haha HAD too!! She's a
1986 Starcraft Mariner 210! Now THIS is a tin can! The seller said the Mariner 115 motor ran fine but hasn't been cranked in about 2 years. The wooden floor rotted, so his son tore it out to replace it but was in over his head. And the transom is pretty much sawdust. Not a dent in her and hardly any scratches. Only flaw with the metal is one of the bow rails is dented... The tandem trailer has 5 new tires, 4 new springs, and new tail lights. Got her for $1600

She's a BIG girl!!!

I'll be starting the restoration pretty much immediately. And of course there will be a thread with pics and lots of questions!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome back to the fold! She's a sweet one you got there alright and around here where I live that was a steal for her.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome back to TinWorld, Nis. This is the second 21 foot Mariner to show in as many days. The other is in the SC forum. Do I smell a Mariner build-off? Discovery Channel - Give us a call. :D

Watermann

Let's see one of the Mariner's is stuck in the weeds out back and the other is parked right outside the front door. I know who my money is with based on that one. :heh:

Hey Nismo just ask GA to move your thread over to the SC forum so you don't get choked out on all the glasser dust flying around here.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

You want this moved to the Starcraft forum? You know, so the judges can compare. And so you can avoid the hazmat suit and air system. The air is clearer without all that toxic dust, too. :eek: :lol:

UConnMRB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Awesome boat, awesome deal. I will be following along.

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah, move it. It will be easier for me to keep track of. Less back and forth between parts of the forum. Thanks.
I want to get out there and tear out some foam this weekend... But it is supposed to be 101 degrees with a heat index of 110+ on Friday and Saturday. We do drop back below 100 on Sunday...

GA_Boater

I hope you guys know I suffer respiratory trauma every time I go over to the other side to drag a tinny home. cough cough hack. Better now. :D

Welcome to the official Starmada home, nis. Where abouts are you located. A ten hour drive from Nawlins can only go west, north or east. LOL

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander
I hope the seller was nice enough to remove the saturated pour in flotation foam too.

Watermann

Yeah, move it. It will be easier for me to keep track of. Less back and forth between parts of the forum. Thanks.
I want to get out there and tear out some foam this weekend... But it is supposed to be 101 degrees with a heat index of 110+ on Friday and Saturday. We do drop back below 100 on Sunday...

I feel your pain there, I took a week off work to do a resto blitz to the finish line on my Chief and it was 104-106 every day. I just sweated it out, drank 2 cases of powerade and a case of water, also lost about 8 Lbs! Getting on it as the sun came up was the key, get all the heavy stuff done.

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I took alot of pics tonight. Now I just have to figure a good way to get them from camera to laptop. New laptop does not have a full size sd card slot. camera does not have usb output... I used to have an external SD card reader. I just have to figure out what I did with it...

64osby

Admiral
Nice project. :cool:

Look forward to seeing the work.

Load to photos from the phone to photobucket. They load from photobucket to the forums real nice.

Nismoron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nice project. :cool:

Look forward to seeing the work.

Load to photos from the phone to photobucket. They load from photobucket to the forums real nice.

Photos not on a phone. They are on a digital camera.
Photos at beginning of this tread are from phone. I emailed them to myself, then opened email on my laptop. Then uploaded to photobucket. I dont want to have to email that many photos to myself. I would prefer to physically upload from camera to laptop.

I found my SD card reader and uploaded photos to my laptop. I will start a new restoration thread tomorrow.

Last edited:

Watermann

You can just rename this thread and keep going on it.