1976 Starcraft SuperSport 16' Project

PaulLeBlanc

Recruit
Hi everyone,

My son and I have finally begun to strip down our 76 SuperSport, This boat was purchased by my father 31 years ago when I was 14, and has sat in our yard, unprotected since, and no one allowed to "mess with it". Well, finally got the ok to go ahead and mess with it. The intention was to clean and strip out all the rotted wood (and ALL wood is rotted) to sell it, but we have decided to keep it (so far).
It is a 1976 Starcraft SuperSport 16', open bow with a 55hp Evinrude outboard, on a 1987 Snobird trailer. We also have a 12' MirroCraft row boat for which I was given a nice 4hp Yachtwin motor. We are hopeful to have both ready to go and enjoy by next season.
Many pics to add shortly, but just want to get used to how this forum works

jbcurt00

Staff member
ENJOY!
Welcome to the Starmada ;)

By 1976 had SC started using pour in foam below decks or still the styro chuncks? Either way, the foam will be the worst of the demo: heavy, rank and wet
26a.png

PaulLeBlanc

Recruit
Thank you both. It has styrofoam slabs. They are not as nastaaaay to strip out as the old rotted wood. I am figuring out how to reply with pics via my email, Ill have it down soon. Gonna post pics later tonight

jbcurt00

Staff member
Get a Photobucket 3rd party pix host. It's free. There are others.

Once you upload pix to your PB acct go to your main pix page. Click on a pix. Once the pix opens, along the right side of the screen you should see Email & IM listed w/ a long white box after it. Below E & IM and that box is:
IMG and another long white box

Click the code in that box. The box will quickly change to yellow and read COPIED. Write whatever you intend to post, and right click your mouse where ever you want to drop the code. Pick Paste from the choices on the drop down menu and the IMG code will be pasted into your post window.

The IMG code looks like this:
IMG]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/photo1_zpsf8705383.jpg[/IMG

That way the pix show up IN your post rather then as attachments that have to be opened:
fetchid8130421_zpse7c5696f.jpg

BTW: You can post 6pix (including smileys) per post. If you ever want to check and see if the pix and post are the way you want them posted, use the Preview button at the bottom right corner of the post window

starfleet

Seaman Apprentice
I just Picked up a 1969 Starcraft Supersport 16 with a nice Shorelandr trailer for $200.00
Floor needs to be replaced but consoles dash and everything else look great it even has a decent convertable top.
Cant wait to get it in the garage and get to work on her.
Thanks to all of the great restoration and repair posts here , I wont have as much homework to do.

starfleet

Seaman Apprentice
Thank You
I'll start one once i get moving on the work on the old gal
I'll post lots of pictures