Anti-foul help please

joshuap

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post!

We have a small power boat (Dory 13) with a 20hp engine.

I have just sanded off some blue paint (perhaps anti-foul but can't be sure) that was on the hull where the waterline is.
After sanding there is the cream coloured paint that covers the whole boat underneath where the blue paint was.

The boat is not left on the water; it is used 2 days a week average for about an hour on the river Trent.
The boat can go fast (probably over 20 knots) but there is a speed limit so is normally travelling at 4 knots.

Was wondering if anyone could help me to choose the correct paint - I'm hoping to do this as cheap as possible, but I would like the job done correctly.

We also have another boat (a rowing boat called an ASC) that has been left on the river, it was sanded down to the fibreglass and coated in standard blue gloss that had been thinned)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will answer any questions as best I can.
I will provide photos but I will have to take them tomorrow, so if there is a particular photo that will help please tell me and I'll take the picture (of either boat)

And again, thanks for the help!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

sounds like bottom primer is cream and the bottom anti-fouling paint was blue.

I would simply repaint with bottom paint.

joshuap

Recruit
Which bottom paint should I use?

The cream covers the whole boat - inside and out, if I wanted to repaint over the cream (with cream) to make it look new how would I do that and which paint should I use,

thanks for your quick reply!