would you buy it for $1

tjh1127

Cadet
literally, no exageration, its up for $1 on an auction site i mess around on and buy stuff sometimes, no ones even looking at it so its most likely gonna go for a buck or two if i bid on it... just curious what I'll be looking at as far as restoration costs?

1977 Lonestar 16 Foot Fiberglass Boat with 90hp. Evinrude Outboard and Sea King Trailer.
registration on the outside of the boat expired in 1989 lol

boat 3.jpg boat.jpg boat 2.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Does it include boat title and trailer title? If so...exterior looks great. Interior, well expect to pay out some good old fashioned labor and materials costs. But yup if this was the type of boat I wanted it's a go. You can expect new transom, stringers, bulkheads, gas tank, and other related mechanicals. IE; Motor, steering, electricals...
Titles are the priority...the rest can be done with help from the form.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Alot of the costs will depend on the motor. The structural...maybe $1200.00 if your using poly. There's alot of things that come into play. Your labor, time, is the one that has no dollar figure attached.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
I would jump on that in a heartbeat for a buck or two, IF and only IF it has a clear title!
Restoration of that fine looking classic would probably run about 2-3 grand if the motor is solid...
If it needs a motor, that could bump up the cost of splashing it...
The trailer might cost a couple or three hundred bucks to make 100%...

tjh1127

Cadet
trailer comes with bill of sale, not sure about the boat itself. just posted the question. i think the motor is shot, Safely assuming

tjh1127

Cadet
any part of this job you would tackle yourself knowning nothing about it? like the floor tear out maybe? anything to cut down labor cost

Mi duckdown

Commander
I would buy it for a buck or two. The trailer is worth 200 hundred. and since it is MI. boat and motor it can't really be that screwed up.???

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If you're looking to buy it to restore and make money...Fugitaboutit!!! Won't happen!!! That motor is a SelectricShift Evinrude and parts for them are hard to find. Especially the shifter and the lower unit. You can do all the work and I'd guesstimate your labor at 200 hrs and costs at $2-3K. I have a 61' Lonestar that I have totally restored and would not sell her for less than $3-4 K but seriously doubt that anyone would ever offer me that much. She was a labor of Love and Not for profit!!!;)

tjh1127

Cadet
yea not erally buying for profit, thought it could be a fun project, something cool to have when its done. sounds like it might be cheaper/wiser to just replace the motor if its shot?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I have it's little sister, a 40 hp, and my boat was underpowered. I recently upgraded to a 1976 85 hp and am about to do my 2nd splash an anticipate I will be much happier. IF that 90 hp Rude' is a Runner and the Shifter is still working then they are GREAT motors, but if she has issues then yeah really not worth sinking much money into her.