97 Sea Ray 230 overnighter gel coat correction

XiViperI

Cadet
Hello all, I've been lurking around for 5+ years and have found a lot of useful information on this forum so thanks everyone for that. I am in the process of bringing back a boat that has been sitting unloved for about three years. The topside is pretty chaulky so I'm not sure if it will come back to a "showroom" shine. But so far I've had pretty good luck on the sides. I debated on if I should wet sand or not and decided to wetsand but only to use it similar to how a auto detailed uses a clay bar. I'm using 1000 grit to knock down the surface and clean any remaining stains that exsist. I picked up a harbor freight digital buffer two of their wool pads, aqua buff 2000, finesse it 2 and I have 3m ultra marine paste wax. So far I have one side done with sanding and one pass of aquabuff. I'm pretty excited about the results and would say most hulls could benefit from this same process.

XiViperI

Cadet
I subscribe to his YouTube since before the searay. He was my inspiration when I redid the floor in my last searay. He really knows his stuff and makes great videos.