Hole in the Hull

dillonheath08

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi guys, I I've been working to remove the stringers in my '79 model Venture Bass Boat. Today while chiseling out pieces in a groove in the bottom of the hull a piece of fiberglass was sticking up so I broke it off thinking it was tabbing for the stringers. When I did I saw the ground beneath the boat. My heart sank. Hidden behind the trailer bunks and covered up by the stringers was a 3/4" (+/-) hole. The hole isn't large it's just long. I'm not sure if it's been there this entire time or if I somehow did it during the demo. It has to be fixed! I'm doing a full restoration of the stringers, transom and deck. Any advice on fixing this? This project is unrelenting when it comes to problems to fix.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
I thought you were going to start taking and posting pictures of stuff???... and this would've been a real good place to start.

As I said in your other thread, a hole in the hull isn't anything to get excited about. You're going to have PB filler/adhesive, glass cloth, and resin... you'll be able to fix it easily.

Now start posting those pics before we lose interest in your resto and quit replying.

dillonheath08

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Got several pictures but my phone doesn't post too well to iBoats. I've been working on compiling a video to upload to YouTube