Having a tough time fitting in new transom

Browndog10

Petty Officer 3rd Class
How tight is it supposed to fit? I am like needing to hit it with a rubber mallet tight. The middle brace fits fine but the side corners are real tight.I am afraid that once I epoxy it, that it will be worse.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yup, It will be... I'd get some 40 grit and a R/O sander and hit all the tight spots until it slid in and out freely so that you'd be assured that after the epoxy coating it will fit without a problem. But I am NOT a "Tinner" so...

Also, You should NOT post separate threads for your project. It gets very confusing for the members to have to go back and forth between multiple threads on the same project. It's all spelled out in the forum rules and guidelines.

Browndog10

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sorry, I was getting impatient and figured that this would get an answer quicker.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry, I was getting impatient and figured that this would get an answer quicker.

the site hangups are a significant contributing factor in the delay of replies. Traffic's down quite a bit, so fewer users, posting less often. Happens............

If the bare plywood blank is a tight fit w/ no Epoxy, then YEP, it needs to be modified...........

I can't even remember what your transom looks like w/ out the plywood installed................