How much would it cost to repaint my boat?

Distress

Cadet
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much it would cost to repaint my boat (outside only) white, with the half cab painted black.
17 Foot, Aluminium Quintrex half cab.

i'm located in australia, Cheers.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Depends on what kind of Paint you use and if you do it or pay to have it done.

Distress

Cadet
Paying to have it done, ofcourse and i'm unsure of what oyu mean by "paint you use" -useless with this stuff, hence why im getting someone else to do it ahah

Distress

Cadet
Paying to have it done, ofcourse and i'm unsure of what oyu mean by "paint you use" -useless with this stuff, hence why im getting someone else to do it ahah

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
There are many different kinds and MFGs of paint with just as many Price Ranges. In the States they can Range from $50 dollars a gallon to $300 dollars a gallon To paint your boat you'll need, in my opinion, about 2-3 quarts of Primer and that much paint as well. A Professional Painter in the states can charge anywhere from $50 to $75 an Hour for their services. Prep time takes longer than Paint time. It could be a 10 to 12 hour job. Maybe more. If you went with the Top Numbers with Paint and Labor it could run you somewhere in the vicinity of $1,000 to $1,200 to have your boat painted. That's why most of us do it ourselves. You could do it too!!! Do some research here on the forum and see what others have done that had Never done it before.:eek::D;)