64 arstrocraft 17' funliner restoration.

corrie310

Recruit
I bought a 64 arstrocraft. 17' ( i think) it has a 60 hp Johnson super seahorse. I think i got a good deal on this boat. 600.00 bucks. The hull is in great shape. transome is soild and the motor has compresson. I have the original hard top. ( i have to machine the plastic "T"s that go to the bottom of the top.) the orignal color was red fury. ????? Question to all.... can i bring the color back without striping the gel coat completly off??? it looks like a black cherry now. and i got her all shiny again. as for the motor. I found a carb rebuild kit, online for 55 bucks. OEM but it still come with cork floats. ???? I have a friend with a 3D printer. wound a plastic copy of the cork floats work????? Just a thought.... and after i get the motor running how can i tell if the motor is running hot. there is no temp gauge. and theres no pisser. for me to see how warm the water is leaveing the engine. i have been on boats all my life. but this is my first boat. i plan to do a full restoration. as this boat was made when they were made right. ( i my opinion.) thankyou.