1989 Maxum XR 1700 Project

ShellersSWATOP

Recruit
I bout a 1989 Maxum from my neighbor for a deal that couldn't be turned down. The 85 Force outboard fires up no problem. The trailer is solid.....which is about it. This is my first boat and I planned on getting the family out on the water this summer. Not going to happen. The entire wooden portion down to the hull is shot. I now have plans to over-hull this boat and realistically try to be on the water next year. I am looking for any specs or plans on the stringers and decking to get started on this monstrosity. I have removed almost all of the interior and should be done by tomorrow. I plan on making this boat as or almost as solid as the day it was pushed out of the factory. Any suggestions on where to find this material would be extremely helpful. I hope the combined knowledge here will get me going and keep me positive during this process.

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

You have a rotten hull and an outdated motor. You are looking at some major time and money commitment. You're not going to find any plans to give you the specs on the wooden components. You'll have to use the old parts for templates. Go to the restoration sub-forum and look at the many threads on restoring derelicts like yours. It CAN be done, but you might decide it isn't cost-effective,

ShellersSWATOP

Recruit
I appreciate it NYBo. I don't mind putting in the time, I'm more willing to shell it out than the money so slow and easy will be the pace. I will tackle it as my own pace and just be realistic with it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction in the forum.