1986 starcraft 210 mariner resto

bridgeman213

Cadet
Well..finally found a 21 footer with a 115 hp johnson and a trailer for next to nothing. Got it derigged and gutted and was surprised to see there was no damage internally. Got her flipped right now looking over the bottom, just have to replace about a half dozen rivets and finish paintin' it. The johnson is gonna go as I just got back from Dayton OH on saturday with a brand new to me used 2002 125 merc. newest outboard I've ever owned and the first one thats oil injected. Just tried to upload a few pics but they're too big, gonna hit the shop this evening and take a couple at a lower resolution and see how it works. This is my 2nd mariner, I had an 18 footer about 6 years ago but it was a tad too small to be out on Lake Erie the 21 will fit my needs much better I'm sure.Write something...

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
No you didn't!!!!

:bounce:

Just Kidding!!
Here on the forum we have kind of an unwritten rule...Without Pics...It NEVER happened!!!!:lol:

Welcome to iBoats!!!!

Would love to see pics of your new Project. They will help us to help you if and when the time comes you need some guidance. A Free Photobucket account works best and then copy and paste the IMG Code into your iBoats post.

Last edited:

bridgeman213

Cadet
Well heres the outboard for starters
fetch

bridgeman213

Cadet
Oh well lost a few photos, boat work going on hold for a week, got her flipped and back on the trailer but the beach is callin'...off to Nags Head for week of fishing and bourbon whiskey. Plan on doing a good clean-up on the inside, paint the seams/rivets with gluvit and do a leak test when I get back. Got a sheet of maranti marine ply for the transome and I'm looking for a gen1 mercury binnacle for the 125 merc if anyones got one.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Welcome!!!! Im with WOG, no pix, didnt happen......!!

kiltman

Recruit
I'm curious on How you are doing the transom? I have a similar project on a 18' Starcraft.
Did you remove the splash tub or put new wood in from underneath?
Appreciate tips.

Thanks
Gerry

bridgeman213

Cadet
As I see it you'll have to remove the splashwell, I'm going to use 3/4" marine plywood (Meranti Hydro-tech) sealed with epoxy resin. I have a cousin who lives pretty close to Sandusky OH and its available up there. As far as I can tell they just used regular exterior grade that was not sealed and it lasted for 30 years

bridgeman213

Cadet
Boat is shoehorned into a 30 x 60' garage that looks like a bomb went off in it, my version of a mancave

jbcurt00

Staff member
Apparently there's still lingering winter storms @your place. The mancave seems to be completely hidden by white out bilzzard conditions

Or your pix didn't attach

Try using photobucket as a pix host. The forum upload widget/icon/uploader is on the fritz while the forum software upgrade is not working correctly.......