Can you help me find this transom corner?

xjfish

Cadet
Hi guys. I'm working on my '68 Crestliner Nordic 17 (will probably start a separate project thread once I have time and get more organized with this). It looks like the boat took a light hit in the starboard right rear and lost the transom cap/corner piece. I'm sure its been at the bottom of a lake somewhere for many years now... Any ideas on where I can look for something like this? I haven't had any luck whatsoever checking ebay and it seems boat salvage yards don't want to deal with pieces like this. If you could steer me in the right direction of places to look, or a possible aftermarket replacement I'd be grateful. Thanks! I need the opposite side of this pic. Is "transom corner" proper terminology?
fetch

Attachments

• transomcorner.jpg
    transomcorner.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1

jbcurt00

Staff member
Might try & find a metal working shop & see what an aluminum fabricator could come up w/. Should be able to mirror the 1 you do have..

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer
yup, you might get lucky on ebay or in a boat wrecking yard, but likely your best bet is to get a 'new' one replicated/fab'd up... maybe get both left and right built new, and they will match nicely...

xjfish

Cadet
Thanks curt and bigdirty. Actually I think the bow cap is the same piece. I think for now I will move that to the transom and look for a one of a kind piece for the front. Have you guys used any good online forums with classifieds or online dealing wrecking yards that might deal in pieces like this? Sorry if this question isn't allowed. I'm more than happy to purchase new parts from iboats :) I know of no good boat wrecking yards locally but I just may have to take a road trip somewhere and find one.