Aluminum Cleaning Question

From last years use of my aluminum pt175 bass tracker I decided to try and find a way to clean the aluminum. I came across a few people using etching mag wheel cleaner from auto zone to make the aluminum look like new. I applied the product to the boat and the results were pretty nice. Although after two times out it now has a dark stained bottom like it reacted to what I used. :facepalm: I am unsure of where to go from here, and feel like I did more harm than good. I went to west marine and they recommended that I now have to clear coat the whole bottom of my boat or it will just stain again. Are there any other actions I can take to fix this problem??:confused:Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks
Stephen

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Aluminum Cleaning Question

From last years use of my aluminum pt175 bass tracker I decided to try and find a way to clean the aluminum. I came across a few people using etching mag wheel cleaner from auto zone to make the aluminum look like new. I applied the product to the boat and the results were pretty nice. Although after two times out it now has a dark stained bottom like it reacted to what I used. :facepalm: I am unsure of where to go from here, and feel like I did more harm than good. I went to west marine and they recommended that I now have to clear coat the whole bottom of my boat or it will just stain again. Are there any other actions I can take to fix this problem??:confused:Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks
Stephen

Sharkhyde makes a system to clean polish and prtect your aluminum boat. Sharkhide