Boat ID - Restoration/Retro project

Dustee

Recruit
Hello!

This is the obligatory first post where I say hello to everyone in this community. I've been perusing this site for quite a few months reading and lurking in the corners. But now it's time to introduce myself and become a member of this wonderful place.

A friend and I received a well used boat as part of a business deal gone sideways. In reality both of us are boat people and since we got it for a steal, we're both quite happy with it. The first bad thing is, we don't know what she is! She has had a few PO's, the last one being a boat repair shop. The Engine was rebuilt 3 years ago and has about 30 hours on it since. It was started last year near the end of summer before being winterized. She isn't anything pretty to look at yet, but we plan on turning her into something a little more.

I was hoping for a little help as I haven't been able to identify the type of boat she is yet. So I thought putting up the 2 pictures I do have currently might start me along that path. I will be sure to keep you guys updated with the future plans as soon as she get's moved to the covered storage.

Thank you!

CJ

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat ID - Restoration/Retro project

Did you check for a VIN on the aft end, normally Starboard side? That would indicate Manufactor and it is from the 1970 on up. If earlier then a tag somewhere on or in the boat.

Dustee

Recruit
Re: Boat ID - Restoration/Retro project

I have looked pretty much everywhere outside. I will take a closer look at those places and see if something catches my eye. I'm from the Vancouver, British Columbia area, but realize the boat could be from pretty much anywhere and I have found nothing in any of the Canadian registries for the boat. The current name is Commodore Elvis, end of post, random tidbit.