17ft Jet boat, V6 Essex project thread

damianfishy

Cadet
Hello all, finally time to make my project thread, owned this boat for a few months now and finally time to crack on with it. mainly been working on the engine.

If anyone has an idea of boat manufacturer or model it would be grateful.

Picture of boat-

XpZ74We.jpg

Boat came with 2 v6 essex engines, the one installed was seized up and rusted and the other on a pallet inside the boat.

Here is a picture of the old engine installed in boat-

7Szu5G8.jpg
only useful for the exhaust manifolds and oil cooler, Carb was totally seized and in a bad condition.

The engine on the pallet is also a v6 essex 3l, wasn't in the best paint state (don't have any pictures of it before i painted it up) so I painted the block up and rocker covers and added a new 38 dgas carb to it.
XgOK8iW.jpg

everything seems to be okay on engine, bottom end looks good and was also recondition by ivor searle at some point, though i don't have any history of the engine as it was just on a pallet inside.

Painted the block in hammerite, rocker covers and other parts in red spray paint and silver for exhaust manifolds and heat exchanger.

Here are some pictures of the manifolds before and after-

iPxMjcX.jpg

and after

AhSIHPa.jpg

have painted many of the engine components now e.g. heat exchanger,oil cooler.

Yesterday managed to get the engine in and manifolds on the engine.

pictures-

with manifolds on
m78ZuRF.jpg

damianfishy

Cadet
Re: 17ft Jet boat, V6 Essex project thread

engine finally ready to be put in the boat-

qMEBAxO.jpg

mnkgd8a.jpg

Was very simple located on the new engine mounts now problem attal
PfOCJq2.jpg

So the engine is now in after a few months and really bad weather :(

To do now is to get all the pipe work for the engine sorted for the water cooling. sanding the jet drive down and getting that sprayed up and replacing bearings and seals. jet drive is stripped down currently just need time to start the prep on it.

also took the fiberglass floor out of the boat as the wood underneath that was somewhat rotten and loads of drill marks in the stringers but they seem very solid and have just filled with resin.
zZWoJPv.jpg

haven't got an after picture but just filled the holes for now.

I will be posting pictures whenever I do work and make progress

Cheers