92 Chris Craft Concept 187 Floor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpine67

Recruit
Hi:

I'm new here but have been lurking for about a year and following a lot of the boat reconstruction projects. Awesome knowledge and experience from the membership!

I'm working on the flooring of the subject Chris Craft that was a donation to my non-profit organization and have stumbled upon a potential problem, at least to me. It would appear the upper half of the fiberglass hull is inserted into the cockpit area on top of the floor in the bow section of the boat, right at the windshield line. Am I correct in this assumption and how difficult is it to raise it up enough to replace the rotted floor? I also assume to raise it will require removing the rub strip and attaching hardware around the entire hull perimeter.

So far the stringers are fine - just a few flooring rot areas around the center locker and immediately to the sides of the stern area of the fuel tank cover. This boat appears to have been well constructed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

kc24viking

Recruit
Yes the strip around the hull is how the pieces are held together. I just bought a 91 I am gonna try to resurrect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.