baja blast swim platform (swim step)

d124716

Cadet
Hello, does anyone know where I can get the swim platform (swim step) for 1995 Baja blast? Any used boat yards that you can recommend?

Swim platform is that cover that is bolted on to the transom over the outside part of the jet.

Thanks!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: baja blast swim platform (swim step)

Contact Baja and ask. That would be a tough part to find and I imagine you will end up making one.

Axkiker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is Baja even in business any longer? If i'm not mistaken Fountain bought them then I thought shortly after they went out of business. I could be totally wrong about that though.

Even if Baja is still being made by Fountain im fairly certain they moved production from the original Baja factory which I think was in Ohio to Fountains shop in NC. So I really doubt they held on to any of the older parts even if they had them at the time.

Im thinking your best bet if you want to get that exact swim step is to hunt Ebay for possibly a wreck or something being parted out. Or have one custom made. Based on the images I saw online it looks pretty complex so you would probably need a really good fiberglass guy to pull it off.

Is yours totally gone ??

Axkiker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now that I had a second to look it up im positive that Fountain makes Baja. So the Baja brand is still alive which is good but does appear they are being made in NC. Its worth a shot to call them but im doubting they will be much help.