Restoring 1983 bayliner 1910 trophy CC

Tjgia82

Recruit
New here to the forum so not sure if I posted right, but I recently picked up an 1983 bayliner 1910 trophy as a project boat for nearly free. It does have a good running 1984 115 Johnson with good compression new carbs, fuel pump, steering and controls. The catch is that the old owner put a larger fuel tank in the boat and in order accomplish this cut the deck out and cut a 3' section out of two of the main stringers that run along the keel. I have re-glassed in the stringers and new supports for the deck. What I'm looking for is a fuel tank. Does anyone have a below deck fuel tank from one of these old boats or a tank that would work. The space for the tank I need measures 26" (+\- 4") L x 23" (+\- 1" )W x 10.5" H (max). Does anyone know the dimensions the tank originally in this boat?

Next step will be rewiring the boat. As far as that goes there is not much to work with so it will be done from scratch. I plan on running two batteries to one isolator and selector switch then to the console for all electronics/lights. I'm open to any suggestions on this as well. Will post pics as progress moves along.

Thanks to all for the help!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Last edited: