70's Lund VFR Fish'N'Ski

Bought this boat last fall for a wedding present for my brother. Now that the weather is warming up I'm in the process of paint stripping and new paint. All in all boat is in great shape. Mostly original. Anyways, I found a serial number stamped into the transom. LCDXXXXX (x's are digits) I emailed Lund and they said it should just be 6 digits. There is zero evidence of tampering. Anyone have any idea how I can decode this number. it may in fact be a Lund at all but from looking at their archived brochures I'm 99.9% sure its a Lund VFR Fish'N'Ski from the early to mid 70's. Thanks

Boat pic 4.jpgBoat pic 1.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 70's Lund VFR Fish'N'Ski

Although it looks like it could be a Lund, the HIN you provided comes back as a Leisure Craft MFG, not Lund

Lund's info

This ^^^ info is from an online database that you can search using the 1st 3 digits of a HIN, they correspond to a Manufacturer's Identification Code (MIC). You can also search via company name, and other perimeters.

Of note is also whether or not the boat builder is still in operation and when/where it started.

Great. Thanks for the info. Any idea on how to track down some form of info from Leisure Craft?

So I looked up Leisure Craft. It appear all they built were pontoon boats and house boats. I did send Lund pictures of the boat but apparently if you aren't buying something new from them then you aren't important enough to talk to.