Oops!

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hi guys. Some of you may remember me, i'm oops! brother. It's been a while since myself and oops! have been around the forums here. Cant say why he's not been on but he is alive and doing well. So is the canoe. LOL He is still very much determined to complete the project but things have changed and it slowed him right down. He has had it on the water every summer and is very happy with the hull. Not too much has changed with the Searay since the last pics were posted but that's about to change real soon. We got the modified 350 installed a couple years ago but it was a pretty tired engine and we had a very hard time getting parts to fit that would make it run right. In about a week a fully rebuilt 350 will be delivered and installed. The builder says it will turn 7000 rpm all day long,but at $1.40 a litre for gas probably wont see too much time at that rpm. haha. oops! bought himself a commercial sewing machine and last spring he went to work. It was a learning experience to say the least, but true too his form, got it done. Designing and building all of the benches and cushions from scratch was not as easy as he figured it was going to be. Fit of the cushions to the benches and the way they fit the backs has to be redone. The 8 inch thick pad on the engine cover never quite fit properly to the transom,but is incredibly comfortable and about the size of a double bed. There was a large gap where the hinges were showing, that will be redone. The entire interior will be redone and right this time. Don't get me wrong,it looked pretty good and it was very comfortable but we saw some things that needed too change. Everything from the Captains chairs we scavenged from an old boogie van to the benches will be redone this year. Yes, you heard right,reclining swivel buckets from a van will be torn apart and redone in yellow,white and blue vinyl this year. The light brown cloth just ain't right but they are by far, the most comfortable seats on the lake. The trailer will also be repainted possibly this year. I will try pop in every now and then to let you know how things are going. Maybe I can sneak a pic or two in as well. Bye for now

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Oops!

Thanks for popping in and delivering some good news, NoKlu...
Here's hoping everything works out and he can once again join our ranks...
Glad to hear he is stitching his way through the "canoe"...
By the sound of the vinyl color choices I would venture a guess and say he is naming the boat after his favorite restoration beverage...:rolleyes:
As always, let him know he is missed around these parts and nothing but good thoughts sent his way...
Best regards,
GT1M:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the update on the boat and your brother. Tell him that not much has changed on the dry dock (we still fight over glass v. tin; epoxy v. poly; bunks v. rollers, etc...) and that the old gang says hi.

Glad the boat is getting some new power and final details.

Keep us posted.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Ah, my hope for Oops proved mostly accurate: Getting the boat serviceable & USING it regularly. :cool:

Good to hear he's doing fine & doing what needs done. Oops w/ a sewing machine :scared:

When he can, tell him to give us a holla..........

Bondo

Staff member

Hi guys. Some of you may remember me, i'm oops! brother. It's been a while since myself and oops! have been around the forums here. Cant say why he's not been on but he is alive and doing well. So is the canoe. LOL He is still very much determined to complete the project but things have changed and it slowed him right down. He has had it on the water every summer and is very happy with the hull. Not too much has changed with the Searay since the last pics were posted but that's about to change real soon. We got the modified 350 installed a couple years ago but it was a pretty tired engine and we had a very hard time getting parts to fit that would make it run right. In about a week a fully rebuilt 350 will be delivered and installed. The builder says it will turn 7000 rpm all day long,but at $1.40 a litre for gas probably wont see too much time at that rpm. haha. oops! bought himself a commercial sewing machine and last spring he went to work. It was a learning experience to say the least, but true too his form, got it done. Designing and building all of the benches and cushions from scratch was not as easy as he figured it was going to be. Fit of the cushions to the benches and the way they fit the backs has to be redone. The 8 inch thick pad on the engine cover never quite fit properly to the transom,but is incredibly comfortable and about the size of a double bed. There was a large gap where the hinges were showing, that will be redone. The entire interior will be redone and right this time. Don't get me wrong,it looked pretty good and it was very comfortable but we saw some things that needed too change. Everything from the Captains chairs we scavenged from an old boogie van to the benches will be redone this year. Yes, you heard right,reclining swivel buckets from a van will be torn apart and redone in yellow,white and blue vinyl this year. The light brown cloth just ain't right but they are by far, the most comfortable seats on the lake. The trailer will also be repainted possibly this year. I will try pop in every now and then to let you know how things are going. Maybe I can sneak a pic or two in as well. Bye for now

Ayuh,.... Glad to hear all is well,....

Tell oops there's alota folks here quite concerned 'bout 'im,....

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Good stuff NoKlu!

Thanks for the update...as others will say, if there are no pictures, it didn't happen!

Cheers,

~Brett

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

It's nice to hear from you, keep us updated on the progress, many people are anxious to see some pics.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for popping in NoKlu. I'm fairly new to iboats and read through oops!'s thread a couple weeks ago. Very motivating! Glad to hear you're both alive and kicking.

All the best from a fellow BCer.

Mike