HELP! Myacht Holding Tank question . . .

MikeL77

Cadet
I am looking at purchasing a 1995 3508 Myacht houseboat. There are several perforation holes in the outside of the aluminum pontoon directly below where the toilet was. The holes are below the waterline. There is only a porta potty now. Is the black water holding tank inside the pontoon itself? Chemicals eating through the aluminum pontoon from the inside out? If this is true, CAN THE HOLDING TANK BE ACCESSED FROM INSIDE the houseboat, OR?

We are looking at welding an aluminum sheet of metal over the area where the holes are found. Will this suffice, or will more extensive repairs be required like replacing that section of the pontoon which seems to put the kabash on the purchase.
Thanks!

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: HELP! Myacht Holding Tank question . . .

If you throw some pictures up on what you're working on, I bet the iboats engineers will point you in the right direction. Lots of experience here, but I personally have never seen or herd of a Myacht. Is this a salt or fresh water boat?

MikeL77

Cadet
Re: HELP! Myacht Holding Tank question . . .

It is a twin aluminum pontoon houseboat primarily for lakes and rivers. The perforated area is about one foot square.

Razorback2008

Recruit
I have a sun tracker 1996 35x8 cabin cruiser, After 1997 sold under myacht name, a past Tracker Group company . I have same problem with that section of the 32"' 35' u shaped log, can't believe that didn't put some sort of liner in that section used for black water holding. this section fills with water making my boat list considerable. Requires me to pump it out every other day, about 100 gal or so. I don't know a solution, have tried having pin holes welded, but still leaks. Now looking at replacing that log via the used market, but this size not around many corners. Otherwise it's great boat, just can't use the toilet now.

MikeL77

Cadet
Razorback: I didn't purchase the boat. Too much of a hassle to start off with. But, you can install a separate holding tank probably just under your boat so you have use of your toilet. I spoke with someone who had the idea that there may be a CLOSED cell foam you could use to fill the tank with. An open cell foam would absorb water. Also, if the black water ate through the tank, might it have eaten holes into an adjoining tank/s? A foam would seal those holes as well. Lastly, would an epoxy glue or paint applied on that pontoon section protect it and help seal it from further degradation?

MikeL77

Cadet
Razorback: I didn't purchase the boat. Too much of a hassle to start off with. But, you can install a separate holding tank probably just under your boat so you have use of your toilet. I spoke with someone who had the idea that there may be a CLOSED cell foam you could use to fill the tank with. An open cell foam would absorb water. Also, if the black water ate through the tank, might it have eaten holes into an adjoining tank/s? A foam may seal those holes as well. Lastly, would an epoxy glue or paint applied on that pontoon section protect it and help seal it from further degradation?

MikeL77

Cadet
Razorback: I didn't purchase the boat. Too much of a hassle to start off with. But, you can install a separate holding tank probably just under your boat so you have use of your toilet. I spoke with someone who had the idea that there may be a CLOSED cell foam you could use to fill the tank with. An open cell foam would absorb water. Also, if the black water ate through the tank, might it have eaten holes into an adjoining tank/s? A foam may seal those holes as well. Lastly, would an epoxy glue or paint applied on that pontoon section protect it and help seal it from further degradation?