Crysler sattelite restoration

Garett89

Recruit
Hello, Garett here and this is my first post, I've done a lot of searching to find what I'm looking for but the rules say to start new threads rather then post in old so here I am.

I was given an old crysler satellite. I knew it needed a new transom which I've started replacing. It's now looking as though I need a new floor, so thought I'd start a thread to hopefully get some help along the way.

I've attached some pics of where I am at so far. The floor feels rock solid underfoot it wasn't until I removed the transom that I found wet foam and plywood. I drilled a one inch hole closer to the front and it appears to be the same.

So my question is if I rip this out can I replace the foam with sheets of closed cell foam insulation rather then pour in place foam and on top of that would I be able to put a plank deck down rather then plywood and fiberglass.

Thanks for looking and for any help I intend to see this project through and keep the thread updated for those interested.

Thanks again
Garett

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Crysler sattelite restoration

What happened to the outer skin of the transom? You don't normally remove it to replace the transom unless it was heavily damaged.

Garett89

Recruit

Oh yeah, I cut it out and still have it but it was cracked down the middle and had separated along the bottom over to where the cuts are. The pile of debri is what was left of the plywood.

Thanks

Bondo

Staff member

Hello, Garett here and this is my first post, I've done a lot of searching to find what I'm looking for but the rules say to start new threads rather then post in old so here I am.

I was given an old crysler satellite. I knew it needed a new transom which I've started replacing. It's now looking as though I need a new floor, so thought I'd start a thread to hopefully get some help along the way.

I've attached some pics of where I am at so far. The floor feels rock solid underfoot it wasn't until I removed the transom that I found wet foam and plywood. I drilled a one inch hole closer to the front and it appears to be the same.

So my question is if I rip this out can I replace the foam with sheets of closed cell foam insulation rather then pour in place foam and on top of that would I be able to put a plank deck down rather then plywood and fiberglass.

Thanks for looking and for any help I intend to see this project through and keep the thread updated for those interested.

Thanks again
Garett

View attachment 229575View attachment 229576View attachment 229577

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... The foam board is the preferred method, as it drains well,...

Ya need the plywood, 'n fiberglass deck to create structure, which is Strength,....
Plankin' won't offer Any strength,...

Garett89

Recruit

Perfect the board will be easier for me to obtain, also the strength point makes perfect sense.

Thanks