1965?? Duo X boat

downintime

Seaman Apprentice
Hi eveyone, i recently picked up a duo X boat. The length is 14'2" if I remember correctly. From what little info i can find on this boat it should be an X15, but the tag inside the boat says its an X13. I have not found any listing of an X13. I got most of my info from Fiberglassics.com.I am at a loss as to what this boat really is. I am hoping that someone can help out with some info. Thanks, Andrew

Im trying to add some photos but they are not attatching to the post. Sorry.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1965?? Duo X boat

try the info here:
11. PHOTO Posting Instructions

Any chance the X15 # just looks like X13? It is often hard to clearly see old numbers, and it would take much damage to make it extremely hard to tell a 3 from a 5. Post a pix of where you're seeing those #'s on the hull and pix of the boat when you get a chance.

downintime

Seaman Apprentice

I have looked at the tag several times and it definitely says x13. I thank you for the link to post pics.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Interesting, there are often discrepancies between boats & years/models but I can't remember another instance when the dimensions CLEARLY match 1 model#, but the boat's ID tag clearly states another model #.

Does the tag w/ the X13 id look like it's a 1965 tag, or a replacement?

Certainly odd..

Pix when you can.

BTW: My 1960 Glastron FireFlite was registered by the last owner a long time ago as a 1957. There is LOTS of images online that prove it's a 1960, but when ever he registered it, the year was unknown and w/ out the internet to look it up they used the only portion of the boat that was easily ID'd: The outboard. It had a 1957 Johnson 35hp on it, so for them, it HAD to be a 1957 Glastron. That happens frequently, but yours is a conundrum.

downintime

Seaman Apprentice

I must apologize for the confusion I created. I looked at the tag several times and was certain that the tag read x13 but I got in there with a toothbrush and soapy water and have discovered that the 3 is actually a 6, it is barely stamped on the plate so it is very hard to see. So the boat is actually an x16. The serial number is 63152. Now I just have to determine what year it is. I am sorry for the incorrect info. I still cant get pics to attatch. I followed the directions on the link and still cant get them posted. I am doing this on my phone so that may be why.

My wife and I plan on restoring the boat and it will be her toy. My boat will be faster (of course) but she will enjoy working on and driving the boat.