iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

jbcurt00

Staff member
Added my pin....I think
Yes you did, however I redacted your street address. When I did the map moved your pin to Salt Lake City. I have no idea why. I relocated it to Chicago, IL. Your access to the pin should not have changed.

Thanks
John

fmjnax

Chief Petty Officer
Added my pin. Little old Lavon, TX. Surprisingly, only a few in the D/FW metroplex. I would have guessed there to be more.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks Joe, official count is 245+/- users and 251 pins. Some are blessed w/ multiple home ports.

I did some housekeeping tonight, and redacted a duplicate pin for Mark Hensarling. You had 2 pins in Houston. I removed 1.

Thanks for filling out the map, Going to have to start posting up some links to get together's...............

Post a Topic here:
Boating Activities, Rendezvous and Destinations

Then post a link to that here. Maybe a few more of us can be seen IRL...

zool

Captain
Wow, that must be a short boating season for that member way up there alone in the North West Territory :eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member
But you get to use your tinny 12 months out of the year, if ya got the RIGHT Tinny:
download_zps9151c21b.jpg

zool

Captain
ha, I love that thing....but I'd hate to have to replace that prop set!....or even worse, wear a suit while boating :eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nope, that would be East Troy, Wisconsin

Yeah, that's what I meant.....:facepalm:

:watermelon:

When you add a pin, sometimes the map is refreshed from your browser's cache, or the ZeeMap server hasn't fully 'processed' your pin yet so it doesn't appear on the map.

But your added pin really has been added. It's an Iboat's member map. For now, lets call them sympathy glitches :rolleyes:

I get an email everytime someone adds a pin, and I've gotten multiple emails for 35+/- users that added their pin more then once. Some up to 4times. A few members have more then 1 home port, so they do & should have multiple pins.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nice to 'see' you on the map Nurseman

You too Toneeees

Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member
A little housekeeping today, and a reminder:

At a MOD's request, I'd ask anyone pinning the map to treat it like an extension of iboats. It's linked from here, primarily accessed from here, so it makes since to treat it like an extension of iboats. As such, PLEASE list a city/state &/or zip along w/ your iboats handle. And PLEASE omit personal details like ph#, email/physical address, for now, at least.

Iboats is a public forum, the map is public so w/out registering here or there, your information could be accessed and mis-used someone.

By using your iboats handle, it'd be fairly easy to find someone close to you or where you'd like to go boating/visit and contact them thru the iboats PM system.

If anyone knows these users that pinned the map, please let them know I have redacted a few email addresses, and eliminated multiple same city/zip pins for the following users:
Brad in Maryland
TrollinEye in Michigan
Mark in Florida
James in WV

All 4 still have pins in the same city/zip they posted them in.

Thanks for posting so many pins, there are 260+/- unique members posted on the map. Wish I was better able to travel boat ;)