iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Not sure if this will work but I'm gunna put it out there and see what comes from it. I've had the pleasure recently of meeting, Face to Face with a couple of the iBoat members that I've conversed with mulitiple times here on the forum. The experience was pleasurable for me. Not sure about them!!!!:eek: It got me to thinkin that if we knew where everyone was located that we might possibly find a centralized location where we could "Meet-UP" to Shake Hands and Chew the Fat on a Get Away Weekend. Do it on a Local, Regional and maybe once in a while a National Basis. Not sure how everyone feels about it but I'm puttin it out there and we'll see how it goes. I put a link to an Interactive map the jbCurt gratiously put together for me. You can click on the Additions Tab in the upper left corner of the map and then Click the select Add Marker to add your information and it will put your location and any other info you care to share on the map. PLEASE don't put personal info on the map such as Email of Phone #'s We can use the map to figure out a central meeting location for Local meetings or Regional ones and or for a Big National one. I told some of the guys that if I win the Lottery, I'll pay for everyones expenses to come to the first one!!!:facepalm: But... only IF I win the Lottery!!!!:rolleyes: Anywhooo, Click the link below if you wanna PIN yourself onto the map and we'll see how it goes.

Click Here To Enter Your Location on the iBoats Member Map

PM me with any ideas on where and when to have this ShinDig!!!!!!:joyous:

WoodOnGlass

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: iBoaters Get-Together!!!

Ayuh,.... This is the wrong forum for this conversation ain't it,..??

Ok,... I'm in there now,...

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Very cool map ! Makes it seem like we are a lot closer to each other..We are the Iboat Nation !! :cool:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Lonely out here in the Pacific Northwest.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Like I said If everyone Uses it, You can see who's in your Region and maybe have a Regional Get-together!!! Of You might win the Lottery and Pay for all of us to come join you out there!!!!!:D

wrench 3

Commander

Iboat Nation sounds good but in the mean time how about international?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

WOG, win the lottery and we simply all meet on an island in the Exumas

southkogs

Staff member

Nifty map! Great idea.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

Count me in if you win the lottery! Great Idea.

jbcurt00

Staff member

26 so far on the map

I was sent a PM overnight and at it's request, I'd ask anyone pinning the map to treat it like an extension of iboats. It's linked from here, primarily accessed from here, so it makes since to treat it like an extension of iboats. As such, please list a city/state &/or zip along w/ your iboats handle. But please omit personal details like ph#, email/physical address, for now, at least.

Iboats is a public forum, the map is public so w/out registering here or there, your information could be mis-used someone.

By using your iboats handle, it'd be fairly easy to find someone close to you and contact them thru the iboats PM system.

So far there have only been a few, 4 or 5, pins that listed too much detail. Currently there is only 1 of those that's been redacted by me or the poster and not already re-posted. I have sent that user a PM & an email, so they can repost their pin.

Thank you to those that edited their own info.

Don't forget, if you wish, you can post an icon pix, similar to iboats.

BTW: anyone know Peter in Ontario just east of Winnipeg? My 1st guess was Peter9Do, but his profile lists him in Buffalo, NY. If someone knows Peter, please PM him & ask if he'd edit his pin to show his iboats user name. Thanks

Any thanks should also include Jasoutside. He's who 1st brought the map site to iboats. After we had a couple conversations, WOG mentioned get togethers and I pointed out the Starcraft map. It's been up for a while and now that it's getting to be boating weather in lots of places, there may be some SC get togethers, we'll see.

Great tool and hopefully we can have a few get together. I'm on other forums w/ maps but they don't often have big meet-ups and another that doesn't use a map & get together frequently.

John

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

awesome Idea!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Iboat Nation sounds good but in the mean time how about international?

Iboats International sounds good to me wrench ! I wonder how many different countries have members ..

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Admins, can we make this a sticky? Just in case anyone talking smack, I might need to "visit"! Kidding!

jbcurt00

Staff member

PLEASE NOTE:
Fill in the details you feel relevant. As the iboats forum links to the map are going to be public, and the map is public, I'd strongly recommend adding only details you would to a public forum. City/State is sufficient. Please DO NOT include ph#'s, physical/email addresses. You can add pix of your boat as an avatar, and any other details in your description is good. I added some of my signature links info. And there is the option of linking back to the iboats forums.

I used my iboats user name/id to mark my pin, so it'd be easier to put me @ the map w/ me here @iboats. If another iboats member wants to contact you, they can do so via the iboats PM system.

As the map fills w/ pins, you can look under the View tab & select Show list. That will bring up an alphabetical list of the user names. If you use your iboats id, I can click your user id & the map will highlight your pin. If I click a mapped pin, the map will display any info you've detailed.

Thanks fella's, 40 pins & counting.......

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would like to join the "list" not the "list" That starts with an S thou.....

jbcurt00

Staff member

I would like to join the "list" not the "list" That starts with an S thou.....
Feel free to stick a pin in the map when you get time.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm in:)

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Marked and subscribed.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

I'm in. I belong to another very small boat forum and we have had a get together for 6 years, usually down at nickajack. Even sometimes do t shirts, glasses, koozies. We have usually 50-60 active members and I've met probably half of them as I travel around the country. We've even hosted members from other countries at our house.

Hey mud I noticed you on the map. Used to live in Willard, lots of time on Stockton never made it to Pom.

And I think my computer knows it's me - it lets me click on my name in my pop up and edit.

When you make your pin, be sure to save the link that pops up so you can go back and edit your info if you need/ want to.

and watch out us TN boys gonna out number the other states...

Last edited: