iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Do ever do any fishing on the chain or do you stay over the boarder?

I grew up on the river in Johnsburg south of the bridge. Left there in 1984, haven't been on the chain since. Now just SE Wis., Twin Lakes, Silver, Powers, Geneva, Delavan mostly.

Left there in 1984, haven't been on the chain since. Now just SE Wis., Twin Lakes, Silver, Powers, Geneva, Delavan mostly.

I hate the chain on the weekends it gets so crazy by about 10 I have to get off the water or I'm get thrown every where. oddly enough the old Sea Nymph great Lakes Special doesn't handle the huge wakes most of the morons out there leave behind them.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Believe it or not, we used to waterski the river from Pistakee to the McHenry bridge back in the 60's into the early 70's.
The RR tracks at Rt12 was a hot spot for eyes or Channel/Catherine for big Crappie and Musky. I go thru Johnsburg still and when I see the river on a weekend all I can think is OMG!

The RR tracks at Rt12 was a hot spot for eyes or Channel/Catherine for big Crappie and Musky.

I did catch one small eye by beer can bridge last summer and I caught a ton of cats on petite. the channel that runs up to blarneys by the private trailer park I usually do really good in the spring but nothing from marie channel or catherine

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
As I said, I grew up there. I was there when they instituted the Chain-O-Lakes Water Management System. All those fees were to go to cleaning up the Chain. How has that worked out? Right before I left the state they had started dredging Grass Lake. They got 4' down into the silt and hit so much DDT they had to stop for fear of a disaster. And to think I used to swim in that water.

From what I hear from friends that still live on the Chain the fishing is nowhere near as good as it was even just 15 years ago. Midwest Outdoors used to rate the upper chain as a top Trophy Musky spot.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
I have a friend down there at Napa folks call him Yanky. Stop by and give him a hard time , he is a good old boy

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Made my pin. Selkirk Ontario Canada. On the shoreline of Lake Erie. 8 minutes from Fisherville, 2 hours from Toronto 2 hours from Buffalo NY.

Bama447

Recruit
Frisco boater is the devil......He is the reason I think I can rebuild a boat......... I blame him and I don't even know him......with that being said I can't believe that this site exist with boaters giving out hard earned information to one another freely..... I'm sure I will be pickin' brains and beggin' for information soon....I have a 1991 Arrow Glass 5.2 Sport with at 3.0 L......it comes with rotten floors and stringers. The transom is also rotten and as a added bonus the engine hasn't ran for at least 6 years!!!!!! I am so lucky to be able to rebuild this boat and look forward to all the ups and downs that goes along with it.....because I will be learning something NEW!!!!!!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the iboats forum Bama

Be sure to start up a resto thread for your project.

Bama447

Recruit
Thanks Watermann....I know I don't know and will be asking for a lot of help in the future.......I will start a thread soon.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for pinning!!! Feel free to PM me or any of the other members if you need help with your project.

WelcomeAboard.jpg