'94 Crownline 182 Restore transom/stringers/deck

Tnstratofam

Commander
Thanks for the info Rick. I may have to get creative with my cut and cover it with a trim piece, or hide it with a stripe. Your boat is coming along nicely.

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Taking advantage of a couple of warm days did some small glassing jobs.

DC6FE695-B894-4578-AD8F-BD60E3F70FB6_zps0hjprzrl.jpg

This is the forward walkthru turned upside down. I was worried that water was wicking into it from the carpet because it wasn't sealed. Well, no water damage but there were big air pockets on all of the wood edges. Well it's all sealed up now and the csm laid down just right.

41771628-1FE1-4539-96C9-50E75C644AAB_zps3i9t7ekh.jpg

Made seat risers and got them glued down then a layer of 1708 and a layer of csm for looks. The extra height puts the top of the windshield right in my line of sight! Oh well, no room to cut the pedistal down.

68010F76-4CC6-4C66-B92B-3513DDC5F1CE_zpso37diwws.jpg

One layer of gelcoat covered better than I thought. It sure makes things look better! That blade sticking up is where I'm going to side mount the bilge pump.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm a little jealous of the progress! I have been sidetracked for the last month. Looking good!

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
Looks good... I might have the steal your bilge mount idea :)

Rickmerrill

Ha, steal away! I just hope most bilge pumps can be side mounted incase I ever need to replace. Thanks!

Rickmerrill

Thanks JAS. Think I'll try my hand at repairing one of the grind thru's next. News at 11...

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Work is nice and clean Rick. On the seat/floor pedestals you maybe able to add a coupling over the tubing,secure it with some type of lockthread bolt
then a spacer of tubing pc into the coupling up to under the seat and re-secure. I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Rickmerrill

Thanks KC of course I use the magic of Hollywood to make everything look better than it really is! BTW, I've been thinking of buying an infrared bulb or two to put into some cheap fixtures I have that are just like yours ever since I saw how you were using them. Looks like a good way to get heat right where you need it. Which reminds me...rant on...

AE3D3815-3086-4448-887F-196AE47FBDB3_zpsyyqrvnt1.jpg

These lights you can usually find something to hook to and turn them any direction you need.

AC4466AE-BDCF-48F8-803E-3CD306EF6A34_zpsjjfq1haq.jpg

But this infernal contraption never, I mean never seems to point the direction you need. See what I mean? You clamp it to a table and just want to light something on top of the table - it won't do it. I bet it didn't do what I want 50 times on the project! How do you get something to do that? Three hinge points, a clamp and a hook and I can't remember it ever doing what I wanted. I think the guy that designed the spout on acetone cans moved on to light fixture design!

Rant off, I feel better now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yup. I keep 1 in my truck {never use it fro the same listed reasons} but they are exactly like you say...Awkward! And the bulbs blow out on the smallest infraction and so who has one of those types laying around anyway..?? Rant over lol!