72 Kingscraft 44' houseboat water system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonbreen2000

Recruit
My wife & I just purchased our first '72 Kingscraft 44' houseboat last month and we did not get any manuals for anything. I've figured out the electrical and engines but I know nothing about getting the water/plumbing system going. This boat had been winterized and docked in water for the last two years. Only about an inch of water back under the engines so I think that's pretty good.

My question does anyone have any manuals on the water system? If not, could someone give me some advise on how I should go about getting it to work? What I should check for and where? I really have no idea.

I've checked and replaced all the fuses both on the 12v and 110v panels. I don't see any obvious switch to turn on and kind of water pump, only switches for the bilge pumps.

ANY information/advise would be REALLY appreciated.

Thank you,
-Jon

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 72 Kingscraft 44' houseboat water system

Welcome to the iBoats Drydock!

Pics always help us to help you. That way we can see what you see and then offer the best advice on how to proceed. Best way to post your pics is to open a Free Photobucket account and then use the IMG Code to copy and paste your pics into your iBoats post.

We have a LOT of Experts lurking around here. I'm certain someone will come along with the information you're looking for. I like to Look for things so I started Searching and I found this...Houseboat Plumbing - water pressure, tanks, showers, filter, heaters, pumps. Although it's not specific to your boat, it might give you some ideas on where to start looking. I wish you luck!!!

These might be of interest as well...

http://www.lakepowell.com/media/8752/odyssey_manual_v05.pdf
Boat Plumbing by Don Casey - BoatTECH - BoatUS

r.j.dawg

Ensign

There is a Kingscraft Houseboats web site that has quite a bit of information. You could contact them to see what help they can provide.
KingsCraft Houseboats - Home

Jonbreen2000

Recruit

Thanks guys, some good basic info but nothing specific. I guess that might have to do though.

-Jon

oldsub86

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I had to guess, I would say the water system is going to be pretty basic and simple. It should be pretty much like a travel trailer or motorhome, so if you cannot find anything specific about a houseboat, go to the library or a bookstore and see what you can find about other kinds of RV's.
We had a travel trailer for a while. It basically had a fresh water storage tank and a pump that fired up on demand, a hot water tank - propane in our case etc. Apart from that you just have hoses connecting the various fixtures and maybe a filter somewhere. All pretty simple really. The only other thing you should look for is a bypass setup on the hot water tank that permits you to drain it and turn valves so that you don't have to fill the whole tank with antifreeze when you winterize in the fall.
You should also have a grey water and black water system as well. The grey water tank collects the waste water from the sink and the tub or shower. The black water tank collects from the toilet only. On a boat you will need to pump out rather than gravity drain but apart from that not much difference.

Last edited:

Jonbreen2000

Recruit

Thanks to everyone that's responded. Just an update that while searching for all the hoses and trying to follow the routing, we've also found a lot of weak flooring that needs replaced. So we decided to just gut it and start over from scratch. Should be a fun project! I figured that at least doing it this way I can make sure and know where everything is!

-Jon

jfas

Seaman Apprentice

Make sure to post pictures, I love a great houseboat remodel!

JFas

IL PAS TU LAH

Recruit
Looking for any Data on Kingscraft liquid capacities , got a Kingscraft 44 1971, have no data on capacities of fuel, water, gen fuel, holding tanks for black and grey water or location of same. HELP, Fuel says 105 / 150 gal, what dat mean???

IL PAS TU LAH

Recruit
PS I will send photos when available, right now it is a real Mess, last owner wasnt too much of a housekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.