Need a Windshield for an Amerosport

captmarkwilson

Recruit
My windshield shattered last week, and I need a Starboard front Windshield for a 1988 Chris Craft 412 Amerosport...any help, links, junk yards would be very helpful.

The Windshield is bowed, and Chris Craft has been no help, I think they only made 40-50 of these boats back then, but I want to Thank everyone for their help, if you run across one, please let me know.... Riding around with plastic over the windshield, is simply not cool...lol

Thanks

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Need a Windshield for an Amerosport

Just an idea, really...
If it is flat and made of tempered glass, you might be able to have a new piece cut at a glass shop...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

I googled the model, and it looks like a flat windscreen. I would just get another cut. Then while you have the two windows out, replace the weather stripping.

Axkiker

Petty Officer 1st Class

You could go with the lexan they use for race car windshields. Would be easily cut, has UV inhibitors and bends easily.

bekosh

Lieutenant

You could go with the lexan they use for race car windshields. Would be easily cut, has UV inhibitors and bends easily.
That's what I did when I broke the windshield on my Wellcraft. Used .220 inch thick acrylic, the brand was Optrix. It's supposed to be 10x stronger than glass and shatterproof. That was 5 years ago and I just saw recent photos and it still looks as good as ever. No yellowing or haziness at all on the wind shield.
attachment.php