Clips for side panels

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hello again all. I'm redoing my upholstery and wondering where I can find clips to place on the back of the side panels that will snap into the sides of the hull so I don't see or have to drill holes into the new upholstery?

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Clips for side panels

Good clips can be real tough to find and hard to install. I drill mounting matching holes through the side panels and gunwales prior to upholstering which allows you to position them exactly where you want. Then install Stainless steel 10-24 T nuts and bolts through the side panels with a little re Loctite. Upholster the side panel and install with SS star washers and nuts.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good clips can be real tough to find and hard to install. I drill mounting matching holes through the side panels and gunwales prior to upholstering which allows you to position them exactly where you want. Then install Stainless steel 10-24 T nuts and bolts through the side panels with a little re Loctite. Upholster the side panel and install with SS star washers and nuts.

COOL.Thanks for the tip.

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

I drilled holes prior to upholstering, epoxied plastic toilet t-bolts in my side panels and used stainless wing nuts. Worked out well, easy install and un-install if needed.