1967 Chrysler Charger

photo (1).jpg

Here she is. I am looking for any resources that will help me with restoration/maintenance/history. Parts for this craft are semi-impossible to find. It has a very unique bow light that I found early on in my ownership and now I am amazed I found one. I would like to have as much original hardware as possible. I finally gave up on the emblem and had a vinyl decal made for the Charger name plate. A starboard side rub rail cap was knocked off last season and I don't think I will ever locate another one. I've collected ads featuring my boat and now I am looking for the toy model of it. If anyone has any tips or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1967 Chrysler Charger

You need to post this in the Restoration forum. There you will find tons of help.
A mod will probably move it for you.
BTW, that sure looks like a brand new one.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1967 Chrysler Charger

Moving to restore. Sending a PM as well, Andrew. Good luck with the boat!

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
Nice boat. I started a restore/conversion on one of these last year, but abandoned it in favour of my current Bayliner project. I tried and tried to give it away, but no takers. I'll see if I still have the rub rail cap.

I do have one and a half of the side plates, but they are spoken for. However, if photos or impressions of them are helpful let me know.

Thanks for the compliments! I am still looking the caps. I ended up making a fiberglass mold of the one side i do have. It serves its purpose well enough (softening the edge), but I am still hoping to come across the real deal.

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
A starboard side rub rail cap was knocked off last season and I don't think I will ever locate another one.

Hmmm... you may be in luck. I just found a box with all the hardware I took off my late Charger 118. I have the bow light and all the rub rail hardware (but not the rub rail) and some other stuff. I'll post some photos tomorrow and you can see if it's what you're after.

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
@andrewdnet -- sorry man, no luck. Try another forum you might get more help.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Interesting application of the no buying/selling thru the forum rule fellas..............

My apologies if I broke any of the forum rules; I am simply looking for parts. If anything is bought or sold I will make sure that the transaction is in accordance with policies. if something is gifted would that be a violation?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just keep it in private messages rather then the open forum.

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
My apologies, I did not RTFM and assumed only buy/sell would not be good:

"8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, rent, trade free, donate, etc.) in the forum. This includes solicitations for charitable and non-profit causes. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule."

I'm rather surprised by the extent of this rule to say the least, but so be it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Look at it from Iboat's perspective, as a huge retail parts outlet and a used boats for sale listing service (and IDK, they may offer more used boat's services then just listings) it might get tricky if 2 users agree to a transaction via the forum, in a litigious society, where 1 party or the other in that transaction could attempt to hold Iboats liable if a transaction doesn't suit them just because it was done in the public domain and Iboat's 'should' (could(?)) have been aware that 1 party was acting in bad faith.

I'd rather avoid trying to re-sell my excess xyz parts & pieces all together rather then wading thru the entire iboat's catalog to ensure it's not something they offer to sell currently, or an item that is very similar to an item they sell. If I worked for Iboats, I certainly wouldn't want to be tasked w/ keeping an eye out for listings for items we sell in every corner of the forum.

Not on a forum of this size, w/ as many subforums as it has.

Best to just make a blanket, all in compassing rule:
8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, rent, trade free, donate, etc.) in the forum

If it's kept to PM's, then it is in theory, by it's very name, private and just between the 2 users in the discussion.

And at least for me, it's what makes it entirely understandable (I'd expect nothing less from any other retailer hosting a public forum) that iboats redacts postings, listings or names of their competitors in the market place, online or B&M stores, including epoxy/poly resin suppliers since they now carry a fuller line of those products too.

That whole argument pretty much goes out the window when discussing OOP parts & boats, especially when the company is defunct, but rules are rules.