1973 Reinell

silverbullit

Recruit
Hey guys im new to the forum but last fall i had this 73 reinell fall into my hands. The guy who owned the boat originally past away and his son then got the boat. He then stripped the interior down to the fiberglass. My question is i need alot of things done to this boat to get her sea worthy again. I will be doing most of the work myself with the help of family members. Supposedly the boat runs, we are going to varify that this weekend. My only concern is the floor i dont feel any soft spots but there is some seperation of the fiberglass from the wood. Is this somthing i should be worried about? And can i just lay new glass over top to seal it up? My other question has to do with the fuel tank. It says it is a 25gal tank but she is really rusty. Anyone know where i can get a replacement? Any help is much appreciated! Here are some pics of the boat.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1973 Reinell

Welciome to iBoats!

The pics did not Post! Best way is to open a Free Photobucket account and then use the IMG Code to copy and paste the pics.
Rusty tanks can Sometimes be reburbished. It just depends on the overall condition both inside and out. Delalmination can be repaired if the wood substructure has not been compromised.

WelcomeAboard.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
strikemike, it's been 9 months since the OP has posted to this thread. Forum rules dictate that only the OP can post to a thread that's older than 90 days.;)

silverbullit

Recruit
Hey guys, sorry for dissapearing on you i havent had much time outside of work. The reinell is still a working project of mine. I ended up laying down a new floor and cleaned and painted the tank. The engine runs but the carb needs rebuilt. The next step in the process is going to be doing some wiring and getting the outdrive overhauled. My goal for the boat is to have it driveable by summer