Painting duck boat 101

duckmen

Recruit
I want to paint my 14 foot lund camo,I'm going to prime the bare aluminum with moeller zinc chromate,sand the paint that's already on it.I want to know if tremclad rust paint primer will be good for the second coat of primer? I'm going to use parkers hunter green for my base coat and finish it with krylon camo paint.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Painting duck boat 101

Solely out of curiosity, what real reason is there to camo paint a duck hunting boat? For the most part the outside of any boat is mostly not viewable from any airborne eyes. So as I see so many camo boats these days, I have to seriously wonder if that is more for the hunter then to camo the boat from flying game eyes? A few years back my son bought a camo boat from a guy that was finished duck hunting for the season and wanted a regular fishing boat. So my son bought it for a song. And he decided to remove all that camo paint and clean the entire boat up again to its original condition. After some intense elbow grease he finished that boat back to new condition and used it for a few years. Then he sold it, needing money, for about three to four times the purchase price... I only wish he had told me he was selling it. I didn't know until it was gone...quickly too! But even the original owner was impressed with how that same boat looked after removing all that camo paint... Just wondering why?