Painting Evercoat Skid-No-More

THC1

Seaman Apprentice
8.jpg
So I totally restored my barge with brand new marine flooring and covered it with the skid no more product. I love the product but man was it hard to get a consistent covering and it took WAAAAY more product that I thought for a 24' barge. Nevertheless, I like the product but not happy with the cosmetics. I can't imagine why a good outdoor latex paint would not adhere to a freshly cleaned floor covered with evercoat. So far I can't find anyone that's done it to provide advice and the company will not answer my emails.

Why wouldn't it work?
What about covering the newly painted floor with some type of clear coat after that?

Tim

Last edited:

THC1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Painting Evercoat Skid-No-More

Great article and I agree. I'm more worried about how it will adhere to my existing ever coat skid no more product. It's acrylic as well so it should be just like repainting your house. The company will not answer me and I suspect the don't want to give the idea away so they can continue to sell their expensive color polymers to mix with the product. Guess I will know soon because I'm going for it unless somebody has evidence against it before I can complete it.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

My only comment would be that House paint is not formulated to stand up to foot traffic. I don't think it's gunna stand up to being abraded and walked on especially when it's applied over a semi rough surface. I may be totally wrong on this but if it does in fact fail you could be facing a much worse scenario in the very near future than what you are right now. If it were me, It to a test area first and see how it held up. But hey, I'm just an...​
OldDumbOkie.jpg

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Was there an option to get the color polymers you speak of? Sounds like that's what they do when different colors are desired. My guess is painting over that will end up looking rough after a couple seasons. Seems the color should be "in" the deck coating you just applied. Just curious how much more they charge for that, if even offered.
I know any paint shop will tint primmer to the same top coat color (or close) so you can save on the # of coats of paint required to get good results. Ever try to cover white primmer with a dark color? Ya waste lots of good paint to obtain the right finished color.