1979 26' Commander gas & H2O tank replacement & ?

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thanks guys! :)

My lower steering pump still feels a little spongy, so I will probably have to pull it again at some point, and of course there are lots of small things that need to be addressed, but they can all be done on the water. Happy boating, and boat repairing, to all!

Mikeopsycho

We just got back from a 2 week shake down cruise, and what a great trip! Everything is working great! The steering is working OK now, must have worked all the air out I guess. We did have some minor issues, like a leak on the domestic water line to the galley sink, and a leak on the black water line (a little messy), but that's what this trip was about, to find and fix whatever fault turned up.

And away we go,

We did a little fishing, but mostly just cruised and relaxed,

I think this guy likes my boat, lol. This is at a Provincial Parks dock in Cinamousin Narrows,

Luckily he didn't leave us any "offerings" in the cockpit,

So anyhow, just wanted to report all is well, and I think I like boating even more than grinding fiberglass :laugh:. Cheers all.

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Congrats!!! The scenery in those pics looks beautiful, and of course the boat looks great also!

Happy boating!!

Frey

Mikeopsycho

After owning Betsay for almost 15 years, the time has come to let her go to a new owner. I've put her up for sale, so hopefully a new owner will take her before I have to pull her out of the ocean and do winter lay-up. The new pic in my signature is my current ride, a 1983 20" Double Eagle with a pod and a Yamaha f200 and a yammy 9.9 kicker. Downsizing as I get older. Hopefully this boat won't become a project in the future :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
After owning Betsay for almost 15 years, the time has come to let her go to a new owner. I've put her up for sale, so hopefully a new owner will take her before I have to pull her out of the ocean and do winter lay-up. The new pic in my signature is my current ride, a 1983 20" Double Eagle with a pod and a Yamaha f200 and a yammy 9.9 kicker. Downsizing as I get older. Hopefully this boat won't become a project in the future :)
Congrats! And hopefully a quick sale. I hope you enjoy the new ride. Good to see you again Mike.

Mikeopsycho

Congrats! And hopefully a quick sale. I hope you enjoy the new ride. Good to see you again Mike.
Thanks Kevin, good to see you too! I'm going to enjoy seeing your progress, I was very pleased to see you still posting on here, as well as a few other guys. Life kinda got in the way for awhile, but I am going to try to keep up with everyone's rebuild projects.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Kevin, good to see you too! I'm going to enjoy seeing your progress, I was very pleased to see you still posting on here, as well as a few other guys. Life kinda got in the way for awhile, but I am going to try to keep up with everyone's rebuild projects.
Put up some pics of the new to you boat.

Mikeopsycho

Put up some pics of the new to you boat.
I will Kev. She's currently up in Port Hardy at Stryker marine getting radar installed. I'll take some pics as soon as I get her back home. This is the right downsize for us, I can easily handle this boat single handed (read dock in the wind) , and if we want to, or have to stay over night we can.