new to the community

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: new to the community

You should offer hearty THANK YOU's to the gift giver. Nice looking vintage aluminum hull'd boat ^^^

Perhaps either a Lone*Star or a Texas Maid

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hi and welcome to the Iboats.com dry dock, tgrassie...
That is a mighty fine looking gift and one you will be proud to own for a very long time once you get it fully restored...
You are in the best possible place to get all the info you will need to bring it back to better than new condition...
Best of luck and have fun!
GT1M:)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

the work i've seen these tin guys do he aint kidding about 'better than new'

welcome

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Now why can't I be so lucky!!!!!:rolleyes: Congrats on the "GIFT"!!! I know'd I shouldn't a been so mean in my younger years!!!!:lol:

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Great gift I'd say... I see only a great project coming and a very nice restored treasure... Welcome aboard tgrassie. Always nice to have another boater join the iboat team. :welcome:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Welcome aboard! I think you have a fine base to start with there with both the boat and the trailer. Some blood, sweat and tears along with some paint and you're in great shape.

tgrassie

Cadet

First question, I have seen guys talk about sanding and stripping. My plans are to repaint refinish the trailer what do you guys suggest? I want tk give you the backstory on this boat it has beeb sitting down the road from my house for the five years I have lived here and everytime I passed it I would tell my wife I want that boat. So one day when I didnt have the wife and kids I knocked on the door an elderly gentleman answered. I introduced myself and shook his had and asked what he was gonna do witb the old boat his answer was ignore it. You can not imigine my excitement when he said that so I asked wanna sell it he said nope my heart sank...... then he said I would be glad to give it to you. I wanted to run a lap I was so excited so I aired the tires up and hauled her home.

tgrassie

Cadet

All these rusted screws and nuts and bolts are a pain. My son is aboyt done with tge outside sanding and helping me strip the boat so we can sand the bottom. I got luckey my son loves all hobbies as I do. Hunting and fishing and boats.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Rusted hardware is best/easiest removed by using a cut off tool of some kind and replacing with new...
A quick question...Did you get the title to everything?
I ask because, depending on your location it may mean the difference between having the boat and trailer versus actually owning it...
;)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Excellent Point^^^^! It you can't register it, don't put to much work into it.:blue:

tgrassie

Cadet

Yep I got all paperwork free and clear. All is well can you recomenda a good paint sorry for all the bad grammer

tgrassie

Cadet

Yep I got all paperwork free and clear. All is well can you recomenda a good paint sorry for all the bad grammer

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice gift ! I would like to tag along also if there's room ..
But you know the rules .. If ya ain't got pics . It didn't happen ! :D
Do you have a motor for it ?
Good luck and have fun !