CMC hydraulic tilt

I have a 16ft mfg runabout with a 85hp Evinrude outboard. We have installed the CMC PT-130 Hydraulic lift.
My question is, the steering pivot bracket does not work, because the motor sits back 6in more than before. Has anyone ran into this problem? And how do you fix it?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Re: CMC hydraulic tilt

I have a 85 Johnson with a CMC Tilt and Trim Unit. I Initially had a problem with steering arm clearing the transom (in fact, I broke my steering arm when I trimmed the motor up too high). I was only short by a 1/4 inch or we made some small adjustments with a newer steering arm and I have been just fine since. However, your problem sounds like it may be a bit different. I am not sure what you mean by "steering pivot bracket." Maybe post up some photos of what's jamming you up and we can try and help a little better.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats!

What kind of steering? A single cable system or an older cable pulley system?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing in the absence of pics he has a transom clamp block of some sort. Like these - SeaStar Steering Replacement Parts

I think you will need to convert to tilt tube steering with the CMC. Can you put up a pic or two?

And welcome aboard, Tows.