Spider Cracks and gouges

Raschoony

Seaman
Re: Spider Cracks and gouges

Well for an update I ordered the kit and it arrived.... with no yellow.... called and new kits will ship Monday.... thanks for all the waiting... I'll keep you updated...

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

No yellow..whats this world coming too. I mean most every "white" match ever done requires yellow lol.

Anyways. Start off mixing yellow in the gel until you 'see' the red ( if any ). Then start mixing the red Slowly. Oh and get some toothpicks to add the color. You can quickly mess up your match if you use those tubes. Another suggestion is to make a few ounces more than you need just in case you sand through.

Good luck.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yacht doctor is one of the best gelcoat gurus on the forum. listen to what he tells you and you can't go wrong

Raschoony

Seaman

Ok package came in... I'll post pics when I get a change to dodge this rain...

Raschoony

Seaman

I have not forgotten about you all... I'm sure you want to see the progress of the project you helped with some Intel.... I finally did my first attempt at color matching with the gelcoat too...wow u were right it is hard and won't b perfect... but I went for hope its kinda close technique... I'll post pics when I can get to a computer... (I'm on a tablet tight now)... I should be able to get a final layer in on the part with the hole soon .... Then finally get the boat out on some weekend soon...

friderday

Chief Petty Officer

I know this might be coming too late, but it is an informative video, I think, for what you are trying to accomplish. Go to boatworkstoday.com. Scroll through his videos. He has a couple (part 1 & 2) for gelcoat matching. Even if you don't use it, it is pretty cool the process he outlines for matching gel. He also has some other great videos.