1984 16.5' Sea Nymph Ski Sport Rebuild

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
AOK HERE WE GO!

So here's the quick back story.....

Back in the day, I rebuilt this Sea Nymph, and we had a blast with it! Fishing, tubing, totally awesome do all boat!
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg451/jasoutside/Sea Nymph SS 165/P1100424.jpg

I had absolutely no intention of getting rid of that boat. Loved it!

Now, all the while I dreamed of the big metal 26 footer. One popped up nearby, way over priced, kinda negotiated on and off for about 6 months. One day I shot him a trade offer of the Sea Nymph for that 26 footer, straight up, and wouldn't ya know it, he took it. I think I got the short end of the deal, but that's all right, as I now own and will restore giant rare bird one day...
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg451/jasoutside/Starcraft SF-261V/P1110252.jpg

Can't wait!

OK, so now with the 22' Islander on the property and the big 26', I obviously had a gap in the fleet for the rivers and small lakes. I for sure needed something to fill that void. Scored a really nice Starcraft Mariner!
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg451/jasoutside/Starcraft Mariner/IMAG0730.jpg

Owned that for a day, until the current owner found that he couldn't let it go for attachment/sentimental reasons.

No sweat, no problem, he offered up this nice 16.5' Sea Nymph Ski Sport for the same bottom feeder price, sweet!!!! So after sitting in the bone yard for a decade or so and recently dug it out of the snow bank, here she is, at home enjoying one of the first nice sunny days of 2014...
P1120011.jpg

P1120012.jpg

P1120013.jpg

P1120014.jpg

P1120015.jpg

P1120016.jpg

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1984 16.5' Sea Nymph Ski Sport Rebuild

Tagging along,...

Tiller??????,................................:lol:

briangcc

Commander

I'd call it a floating slushy machine with all that snow onboard ;)

Tagging along to see how this turns out.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice looking addition to the fleet.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Subscribed, I love a good barn find, resto story. Thanks for posting.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, this should be a good one.. following along!

Can't wait to see what you have in store for this one.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Tiller??????,................................:lol:

I'd be lying if I said it hasn't crossed my mind. Several times actually;)

I'd call it a floating slushy machine with all that snow onboard

This boat was really pushing around my Yukon XL on the haul home, she was really heavy with the 2' of wet/heavy snow. And now doubt the super heavy soaked expanding foam that lies beneath:facepalm:

Nice looking addition to the fleet.

I think she'll fill the gap nicely:thumb:

By comparison to my former Sea Nymph I know for sure she's a 1/2' longer and I'd guestimate probably about maybe 5" deeper and another 4"-5" wider. She'll be a bigger, more capable, roomier rig than the previous. Cool!

Subscribed, I love a good barn find, resto story. Thanks for posting.

Thanks man! She won't see any action for a while though, I yet have another that needs my attention for at least the next few months:joyous:

Can't wait to see what you have in store for this one.

Yah, me too buddy, I have lots of ideas swirling around at the moment, we'll see where I actually land I suppose:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

So after those initial photos I went ahead did just a little work, tore the bimini out, that's trash...
P1120031.jpg

I also tried to shovel out all that snow. Well, all the while I was being bombed with snowballs by these two rugrats!!!!!:mad-new:
P1120033.jpg

Darn kids! I taught those boys well;) (maybe too well)

One thing about this boat I really don't think I can live with is the stern OB setup, check it out...
P1120034.jpg

P1120035.jpg

By my calculations I am looking at nearly 12.5 square feet of potential cockpit room taken up by this giant splashwell and stern decking. Sheesh, that sure is a ton of space eaten up on this boat!

I'm not so sure I can let that go. I may cut all that out and run a small splashwell to try and gain some of that back. We'll see.......

Anyhow, thanks for stopping in fellas, cheers!

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Really nice hull Jason, personally I like the splash well design, of course I'm partial cause it's similar to my V5's should make an awesome project, pretty decent trailer as well as far as I can see, wonder what the HP rating is being as it's a pretty deep hull.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Really nice hull Jason, personally I like the splash well design, of course I'm partial cause it's similar to my V5's should make an awesome project, pretty decent trailer as well as far as I can see, wonder what the HP rating is being as it's a pretty deep hull.

Ah sheesh budski, that hoggs so much space on me back there. Yah, I really don't think I can let it go. I'm nearly certain we'll be chopping it out. Kinda like...
2edbd822-d0d7-450f-b548-50cd90650b27.jpg

Knowwhattamean?

Yah, the trailer frame is sold, everything else is junk and will get a full rehab. Trailer rehab, so much fun eh:rolleyes:

I can't make out anything on the Data Plate as it's completely faded...
P1120024.jpg

.....but this hull would have to be rated to at least 90, maybe a little more. I should dig a little see what kinda data is on the ol interweb.

Cheers:joyous:

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Enjoyed the initial history! Looks like a great project for you. I also like the boat-full-of-snow pictures...for a minute, I thought I was looking at craigslist! :D

Curious to see what you'll do with this one...

zool

Captain

Looks like someone pulled the motor off that rattler, and put it on an attractive glasser :rolleyes: :D

But ill tag along anyway hehe

Decker83

Commander

Great looking new addition.. All I want to know is what's the tie rod for on the front of the boat..:rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Curious to see what you'll do with this one...

Yah me too lake, lots of ideas at the moment anyhow. She has great bones so we'll see what we can do:joyous:

Looks like someone pulled the motor off that rattler, and put it on an attractive glasser

But ill tag along anyway hehe

Yup, that's exactly what happened actually. The GOOD NEWS is I'm pretty sure a glasser will need to be sacrificed to power her up again. Then, all will be right again:becky:

Boat: 1984 Sea Nymph SS175BL Fish & Ski pretty sure this is your boat it says 90 hp I would have thought it to be more.

Yah, my other Sea Nymph was rated at 90. I'm sure this one being bigger could easily handle more. Really, it'll come down to finding just the right power for just the right price.

I know this boat will be IT, for a very very long time. So I'd really like to score a nice EFI/DFI at a good price. I think I'd be fine spending some cheddar on one. Unfortunately, I think that even a screaming deal would be outside of what I can afford, bummer:cold:

Great looking new addition.. All I want to know is what's the tie rod for on the front of the boat..:rolleyes:

HA! Yah you noticed that eh. That actually rode home on the bow like that, I didn't notice it till I got home. Musta been off of one of the dealers yard tractors or something I think.

So I tried to lift the trailer tongue yesterday, even with all the snow shoveled out and the boat draining in the warm temps I still can't lift it by hand. This thing is heavy!

I can't wait to dig into all that soaked foam sub deck, that will be such a joy:cower:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Awe Yeah!

Bingo on the splashwell! Awesome on an 18'+ but on a 16'...it's still cool but just seems a little out-of-place.

:pop2:

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

I am going to tag along also...looks like a fun project.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Awe Yeah!

Bingo on the splashwell! Awesome on an 18'+ but on a 16'...it's still cool but just seems a little out-of-place.

:pop2:

I do hate the thought of all the extra work to cut it out, bent it up, build it out, and trim everything to look nice. That would be a lot of extra stuff to do compared to leaving it.

I suppose another option would be to cut hatches for fish box/cooler on one side and a baitwell on the other....
8ac63d2d-cd1d-4f35-b569-faef6ec071a7.jpg

That might not be such a bad idea maybe. Good use of that space and would save me a bunch of build time.

Hmmmmmmmm.......

:encouragement: