What is this rope line in my CC inside the console??

Skyla316

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I have a 91 Keywest 1900 an just got it, I opened up the bottom door of the console that shows the wire harness coming through an access plate for the fuel tank. In the far back I seen this thin rope going through the ceiling of the console compartment an going straight down through the hull, I opened up the access cover an partially see the rope going through an open end of a black hose. When I tug on the rope it feels like a spring action, almost like I'm opening something that is spring loaded.
What is it??

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What is this rope line in my CC inside the console??

Pics???

Might be a rope someone pulled through to make it easier to fish new wires through in the future????

Skyla316

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will get pics loaded tomorrow but the spring loaded feel is what has me stuck

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I have a small line running through the PVC pipe going from the Center Console to the stern, this way I can pull new wires and such any time I want.

kfa4303

Banned

Pics???

Might be a rope someone pulled through to make it easier to fish new wires through in the future????

This. It's called a fish/fishing line and is intentionally left in place by a courteous electrician so you can pull a new wire(s) through. Just tie your new wire on to one end, then pull on the other end of the string to draw it through the conduit. Be sure to leave another one behind in case you need to add anything else in the future.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It's probably feels springy because it's tied to some wiring on the other end down in the bilge or under the splashwell. You need both ends to fish new wire through the wiring chase.

Skyla316

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok thank you guys I will have to check this out when I have another person to see what its pulling