Pettit EZpoxy2 looking for input

lefty21

Recruit
I am looking to do some minor repairs to my hull..ie stress fractors and a few scratches to the gel coat. Following the repairs I am thinking of repainting the hull to clean up any signs of the repairs. I heard about this new Pettit product( EZpoxy2). Has anyone had any experience with it? an associate from WestMarine said it is easy to apply and does not streak or get the orange peel look aftr application. Just looking for some input
Thanks

zool

Captain
Re: Pettit EZpoxy2 looking for input

Hi lefty, welcome to Iboats :)

EZpoxy2 is a decent choice for a hull redo, it is for above the water line only tho, as are most marine topcoats. You get a choice of thinners, one specific for spraying, and one for brushing. The latter will level out the surface to reduce brush marks, aka streaks. No paint is orange peel proof tho, that comes from application/equiptment and or envronment issues.

Can you post a pic or two of your project, if its not too intense of a repair, a gel coat repair may reduce the work required for the fix.

Arkyhunter46

Cadet

It's a great product. Works well rolling on with a foam roller followed by knocking down the bubbles with a good brush and dries with a smooth finish. Be careful to not apply too thick because it will sag. Too thin will not gloss properly. As with any paint job the prep work is the key to success. Use the proper thinner and practice a few strokes before you start on the boat and you should be fine.

lefty21

Recruit

Thank you for both of your input...I will be posting pictures of the work I have ahead of me by weeks end..And any input or advice is welcome..