Bottom Paint

ShellBack89

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've got a couple of questions about bottom painting my boat. Starting next month my Sea Ray will be wet slipped in Dana Point CA. For the most part, at least until mid summer, it is cold water. I'll have a diver clean her each month and monitor the anodes. My questions are;

1) I'm looking at using Interlux Trilux 33 - There maybe times that I need to trailer her for lake use, repairs, etc and I wanted a bottom paint that can be taken out of the water without degrading the paint. Has anyone had experience with this bottom paints and what are your thoughts? Also, the other bottom paint I was looking at is Interlux Micron Extra. Again, any experience with it and thoughts? Again, I'm in CA so we are limited, like most things, on what we can use so these two past the Green Peace test :rolleyes:

2) Since I've never had her bottom painted (that wording sounded weird) should I slip her first, see where the exact water line and than paint her? I'm think this is a better idea than just guessing and have to touch up because I didn't cover enough or cover too much and look silly sitting out of the water? I wouldn't let her sit in the water any longer than a couple/3 days at the most. She doesn't have any blisters and I don't want her too either.

3) The first thing I'll be doing is putting down a barrier coat (at least 3) of Interlux Protect 2000. No question here just FYI.

I appreciate any advise or feedback on putting these paints down and experience. We are super excited to be able to spend more time on her since I'll be saving money by slipping rather than burning a 100.00 per trip with my F150. Plus the slip in midway between our house and the wife's work so on those nice Friday nights like we've been having here in SoCal we can meet chill and enjoy a little no kid time! :)