Keelshield vs. Keelguard

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class
They both claim to be the best...anyone have a recommendation? They seems similar but I thought I'd ask. <br /><br />The Keelguard seems more padded and tappered on the edges. The Keelshield claims to be more durable and stick better.<br /><br />I just want to cover some gel erosion and beach the boat without further damage.

dmarkvid2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Keelshield vs. Keelguard

If they are both different makers of the product, then of course they will both claim they have the best product. (they want to sell it) Do as much research as you can on them, but ultimitly it will be up to you. What ever YOU feel is best for your needs. They can't be all that much different. How much difference are they in price? Do they have the colors you want? What are the differences in the material used? Do they both stick on the same way? I guess these are the things you want to think about. I think you asked in a thread if they created drag. Then you said Keelguard was tapered, which is better for less drag. And I'm sure that for the envirnmental conditions they will be in, I'm sure they are disigned to stick, So I would go with Keelguard.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Keelshield vs. Keelguard

Ask the mods to move this to Boat Topics,(not motor)and you might get more responses there.