Rinker Fiesta Vee 265 windshield needed

KHolden

Recruit
The Starboard Windshield in my 1994 Rinker Fiesta Vee 265 was busted several years ago. I could not find one so I had a plastic one made that has now clouded and looks terrible. Does anyone have any ideas of a good fix for this. I hate to waste the money on a new plastic one if they only last a couple of years. I have had no luck finding a replacement glass as they quit making them. Our boat is perfect so I would like to solve this problem.
Thanks
Kirby Holden

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Rinker Fiesta Vee 265 windshield needed

The 'wing' window (it may or may not have a slight curve) or the curved window:
rinker-fiestavee265.jpg

And you meant a reasonably priced replacement correct? Several online vendors offer large curved replacement windshields:
UPD
Ocean Dynamics

Ebay?
The places in the Salvage yards thread:
Salvage Yards, by Wilde1

Craigslist. I've seen large bayliner curved windshields before, but never a Rinker. But ya never know.

Where are ya located, here in tiny little Fairmont, WV a windshield to fit will be EXTREMELY hard to come by. Near a large coastal city in Florida, it'd be much easier.............

Best of luck tracking one down.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Rinker Fiesta Vee 265 windshield needed

The Starboard Windshield in my 1994 Rinker Fiesta Vee 265 was busted several years ago. I could not find one so I had a plastic one made that has now clouded and looks terrible. Does anyone have any ideas of a good fix for this. I hate to waste the money on a new plastic one if they only last a couple of years. I have had no luck finding a replacement glass as they quit making them. Our boat is perfect so I would like to solve this problem.
Thanks
Kirby Holden

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... You could polish out the plastic 1 you've got,...

Kinda like the plastic headlight kits available at auto parts houses,.....

Or google Flame Polishing Plastic,....
Basically, ya sand it with 2000grt sandpaper, 'n wave a propane flame over it, movin' kinda quickly, so ya don't burn, 'n bubble the plastic,...

It'll turn it Clear, but the process is tricky,...

Last edited: