Looking for some ideas on bow modification for a windlass installation project

bobdec

Petty Officer 2nd Class
First picture is my boat and current setup, the second picture is what I'd like to accomplish. I copied photo #2 off of a for sale add for another Proline. Please ignore the trolling motor as that's probably a future project after he windlass. I looking for ideas on how to convert the anchor locker cover to a solid base for the windlass and anchor roller. In photo #2 you can see the physical access to the locker below the deck requires removal of 4 wing nuts holding the windlass plate. I can live with that. There is no access from the cabin as this is a walkaround. Should I just re-enforce the current hatch and glass over the seams, or maybe cover the complete area with starboard, or some other product. Just for info that front triangular section is non-skid, but would not have to end up that way as the windlass would eliminate a lot of foot work up front. Thought I would ask the experts here !!!

Photo #1 My boat....
l_bow7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Photo #2 What I'd like to accomplish..
2012-09-13_12-41-16_805_zpsd53e6608.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Looking for some ideas on bow modification for a windlass installation project

Since the hatch is over an anchor locker, can you access the underside of the cover from inside the cuddy?