1972 Larson Project Start

Hopefully those are stainless staples? It looks like you stapled the carpet to the deck. You generally don't want to make anymore holes in the deck than you have to because it will allow water in and the rot will start again. Everyone usually glues their carpet down.

mandvwagner

Seaman
The carpet is glued down. The staples I used on the vinyl for the sides and front cushions were stainless. That's why I was worried about screwing the seats straight to the floor thru the plastic cross braces that go across the bottom of the seat base.

mandvwagner

Seaman
Well I finally got the rub rail back on the boat. So I have a few questions, the boat didn't come with the corner caps or the nose cap. How would you all recommend making those? Also the rub rail seems to be the original one but it didn't come completely back to the center in the back on both sides. Did it maybe shrink?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
You might remove it and lay it out on the drive way in the hot sun (If you have any hot days left) and then have a helper help you "Stretch" it a bit. But be careful not to Break it. They will Shrink a bit and you can stretch them back out. I did mine and it worked out fine. If no Sun, then a Heat Gun can/will work too, just a bit more fussy and time consuming.

Post some pics of the areas needing caps.

Last edited:

mandvwagner

Seaman
Thanks Wood. I will get some pictures of the cap areas as soon as I have some time at home.