88 grady white fish box hinge

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have an 1988 grady white 204c overniter and I need a replacement hinge for my fish box. I went to my dealer and they said that they don't sell them any more so I went to the supply stores and none of them sold it. Does anyone know where I can find some? Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 88 grady white fish box hinge

iboats probably has Something here,.......<br /><br />Hamilton Marine is Just up the Coast from You, in Searsport........<br /><br />You Just Might run into an Issue, that 1 Exactly Like your's Just Isn't Available........<br /><br />Then you'll be needing to do alittle Creative Engineering.............

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

Call Grady and ask for the name of the hinge OEM vendor, then attempt contact directly ...

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for your replys. I went to all the stores in my area and they dont have them. I will try grady white direct maybe I will have better luck than the dealer.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maybe someone on the greatgrady.com forum can help. I have an 82, can't picture the hinge right now though. Can you post a picture? Good luck.

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Capt'n Mike I will try that.

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think I found the answer. I went to greatgrady.com fourm and found someone who had the same problem. They suggested togo to http://www.bosunsupplies.com/Deck_hinges.CFM <br />and I think that they have the hinge I am looking for. I will mesure the hinge when I get home tonight and let you know if its the right one.<br />Thanks again Capt'n mike

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Close but no match. I might be able to rig something up but anyother ideas would be helpful. thanks

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

Did ya call Grady and ask for the name of the OEM vendor? Lots of stuff is no longer carried by Grady for older units, but that doesn't mean it isn't still made (and for sale) by the OEM. I'm basically rebuilding an '86 225G, and it's amazing how much stuff can be had from OEMs after Grady says "no mas".

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I did e-mail Grady White and they told me the hinge manufacturer is no longer in business. They suggested to go to west marine which I did with no luck.

SPYKE-KPT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

To end this story. What I had to do is by a strap hinge and cut and modify one end.

Lagoon Lizard

Recruit

I have an 1988 grady white 204c overniter and I need a replacement hinge for my fish box. I went to my dealer and they said that they don't sell them any more so I went to the supply stores and none of them sold it. Does anyone know where I can find some? Thanks

I found these and they are close to the right size Atwood 66391-3 2-13/16 X 1-1/2"
I think they will work.
I found a couple on ebay for $6.99 each seller Seasidelivery he has a couple more left

Bondo

Staff member

I found these and they are close to the right size Atwood 66391-3 2-13/16 X 1-1/2"
I think they will work.
I found a couple on ebay for $6.99 each seller Seasidelivery he has a couple more left

Ayuh,.... Yer 7, 'n 1/2 Years too late,....