• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

88 grady white fish box hinge

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 grady white fish box hinge

I have an 1988 grady white 204c overniter and I need a replacement hinge for my fish box. I went to my dealer and they said that they don't sell them any more so I went to the supply stores and none of them sold it. Does anyone know where I can find some? Thanks

Re: 88 grady white fish box hinge

iboats probably has Something here,.......Hamilton Marine is Just up the Coast from You, in Searsport........You Just Might run into an Issue, that 1 Exactly Like your's Just Isn't Available........Then you'll be needing to do alittle Creative Engineering.............
    Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

Call Grady and ask for the name of the hinge OEM vendor, then attempt contact directly ...

Comment

Thanks for your replys. I went to all the stores in my area and they dont have them. I will try grady white direct maybe I will have better luck than the dealer.

Comment

Maybe someone on the greatgrady.com forum can help. I have an 82, can't picture the hinge right now though. Can you post a picture? Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Capt'n Mike I will try that.

Comment

I think I found the answer. I went to greatgrady.com fourm and found someone who had the same problem. They suggested togo to http://www.bosunsupplies.com/Deck_hinges.CFM and I think that they have the hinge I am looking for. I will mesure the hinge when I get home tonight and let you know if its the right one.Thanks again Capt'n mike

Comment

Close but no match. I might be able to rig something up but anyother ideas would be helpful. thanks

Comment

Did ya call Grady and ask for the name of the OEM vendor? Lots of stuff is no longer carried by Grady for older units, but that doesn't mean it isn't still made (and for sale) by the OEM. I'm basically rebuilding an '86 225G, and it's amazing how much stuff can be had from OEMs after Grady says "no mas".

Comment

I did e-mail Grady White and they told me the hinge manufacturer is no longer in business. They suggested to go to west marine which I did with no luck.

Comment

To end this story. What I had to do is by a strap hinge and cut and modify one end.

Comment

Originally posted by SPYKE-KPT View Post
                        I have an 1988 grady white 204c overniter and I need a replacement hinge for my fish box. I went to my dealer and they said that they don't sell them any more so I went to the supply stores and none of them sold it. Does anyone know where I can find some? Thanks

I found these and they are close to the right size Atwood 66391-3 2-13/16 X 1-1/2"
                        I think they will work.
                        I found a couple on ebay for $6.99 each seller Seasidelivery he has a couple more left

Comment

Originally posted by Lagoon Lizard View Post
                          I found these and they are close to the right size Atwood 66391-3 2-13/16 X 1-1/2"
                          I think they will work.
                          I found a couple on ebay for $6.99 each seller Seasidelivery he has a couple more left
                          Ayuh,.... Yer 7, 'n 1/2 Years too late,....
                          Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

Working...
                          X